Samaritan Pentateuch

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 396
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 11 2016 5:16 AM

It would be really great to have an edition (or more!) of the Samaritan Pentateuch in Logos. I'm really quite surprised that there is nothing of this sort available here yet, especially since you can get a PDF of Gall's edition on the internet.

Any plans on the table to make this happen?

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 6:17 AM

Jordan Litchfield:

It would be really great to have an edition (or more!) of the Samaritan Pentateuch in Logos. I'm really quite surprised that there is nothing of this sort available here yet, especially since you can get a PDF of Gall's edition on the internet.

Any plans on the table to make this happen?

At one time they had it on pre-pub, but for some reason it was removed.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1246
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 5:03 AM

You can now bid on the Samaritan Pentateuch in the Community Pricing Program:

https://www.logos.com/product/144547/the-hebrew-pentateuch-of-the-samaritans 

Posts 396
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 6:01 AM

Yes! I've just bid. Hope many more will so this project can get moving.

Posts 10107
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 7:31 AM

Well, why don't we put a stake thru it's little heart ... $6 start bid?  I'm smiling, but we're not going to loose Samaritan 'again'. 

I bid $51. I know that's well above most. Though indeed I'd pay $50 just to get it into the Text Comparison Tool.

Most folks likely think Samaritan is the fake OT. Those sneaky Samaritans re-wrote 'our' OT!

But actually, absent some obvious 'updates' (easy to spot), Samaritan is one of the earlier texts, best illuminated in the Dead Sea scrolls texts.

It's the one piece still missing from Logos.

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 7:46 AM

I placed my bid, let's get this done!

Posts 1010
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 8:04 AM

Denise:

Well, why don't we put a stake thru it's little heart ... $6 start bid?  I'm smiling, but we're not going to loose Samaritan 'again'. 

I bid $51. ...

Granted, $6 is pretty low.  But based on past behavior, I sincerely doubt that most users will be willing to bid $51. The page is showing a "regular" price of $49.99.  I just don't see many people bidding more than the "list" price.  It might be better to encourage folks to up their bids to something that's more modest, but still significantly more than $6 - say $12 or 15. 

Posts 881
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 8:13 AM

Although I bid on it, this is the kind of resource that will almost certainly be in base packages,  so it will be hard for most people to imagine paying much for something they can get for pennies later (if it makes it).

Posts 10107
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 8:46 AM

Well, Justin, odds are the package people won't see it, absent some upfront moola. Appreciate your bid.

EastTn, I certainly don't think $51 would be an appropriate set-price. And it might well be, $6 is an easy bid for what most would not be too enthused over. That might be HJ's thinking.

Posts 1010
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 9:03 AM

Denise:

...And it might well be, $6 is an easy bid for what most would not be too enthused over. That might be HJ's thinking.

You're probably right about that.

Posts 396
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 11:18 AM

I updated my bid. I am interested enough to pay $51 if that's what it takes, although I certainly hope it goes for lower. But like Denise, I really don't want to lose it.

Posts 1246
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 12:45 PM

Denise:

That might be HJ's thinking.

I was actually hoping for a new peak at a higher price point. That is the reason why I bid $24 even though I would be prepared to pay $51 for this resource.

Posts 881
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 1:06 PM

HJ. van der Wal:

Denise:

That might be HJ's thinking.

I was actually hoping for a new peak at a higher price point. That is the reason why I bid $24 even though I would be prepared to pay $51 for this resource.

Because a bid at any point is also a bid for every point below it,  there is no advantage to this strategy. 

Posts 1246
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 1:21 PM

Justin Gatlin:

there is no avantage to this strategy. 

You are right. Embarrassed I think I need a vacation.

Posts 881
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 2:24 PM

HJ. van der Wal:

Justin Gatlin:

That never hurt anyone. :)

Posts 10107
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 2:57 PM

HJ. van der Wal:

Justin Gatlin:

Actually, HJ, you were correct. In the early bidding, the peak is the criticality. The price people see displayed in the store listings, and thereafter becomes a suggested price (difficult to adjust later).

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS