Locating Book In Library

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 167
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 12 2016 7:26 AM

This might seem like an elementary question but I need some help on locating specific books in the Library. For an example, say I am looking for "Believers Bible Commentary" . When I type the name in the library search I get a list of a lot of books (why that is I do not know) Bible Believers Commentary is one of them but there are many more. I still have to scroll through the list to locate that book and click on it. Is there a better way to find a specific book in the Library? Thanks so much for you help.

Posts 910
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:39 AM

Tagging your resources will help you with this. (Wiki article here)  I won't attempt to justify Logos' methodology for delivering library results, but I sympathize with you over having to either put up with inaccurate results or tag literally thousands of resources to get something as basic as a volume in a set of commentaries.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 538
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:41 AM

When I know exactly the title of the book - I click Rank - then it brings it up to the top. Hope this helps.

Posts 1130
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:42 AM

Hello Ted

I tried the search also but i have no resources close to that title. Is the resource you have "Believers Bible Commentary" or "Believer's Bible Commentary" I did find the second one as a Logos resource but not the first one. I don't have this in my Library though. 

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 8:10 AM

Putting it in double quotes narrows it down:

No double quotes has many more results:

Posts 26051
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 8:20 AM

As Robert says using double quotes constrains it.

If you aren't sure of the exact title then using the "title:" filter can help as well

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:56 PM

Graham Criddle:
If you aren't sure of the exact title then using the "title:" filter can help as well

title:bible believers commentary can be improved as the title: filter applies only to "bible".

title:"believers bible" is more accurate as it would not display "Believers Church Bible Commentary"

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 9:01 PM

Ted Harms:
When I type the name in the library search I get a list of a lot of books

Try <title:"believers bible"> (no angle brackets).  Let us know if it works.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 12:42 AM

Ted Harms:
When I type the name in the library search I get a list of a lot of books (why that is I do not know)

Without qualification, library filter searches many fields, including description & title:

Dave Hooton:
title:bible believers commentary can be improved as the title: filter applies only to "bible".

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 167
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 5:26 AM

Thanks so much. Putting Title: before the search really narrowed the field and got what I wanted. Thanks so much. I will have to explore tagging sometime and see what that is all about but for now you guys helped a lot. You are always there with very good suggestions. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS