Synchronization erro

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6
Karen Bearchell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 15 2016 5:32 PM

I've looked through the forums and haven't been able to get help.  So, I have several computers I use - work home...  The main one I use at home synchs just fine but the other two have the error with the red exclamation point.  I click on it numerous times but to no avail.  All my books are downloaded and updated that I can see, but it continues to give me the error.  Thanks for any help!

Posts 29589
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2016 7:13 PM

Please provide logs for the computer not syncing. See my signature line for links. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
Karen Bearchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2016 8:03 PM

Sorry - don't know what you are referring to when you say your signature line for links.

Posts 29589
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2016 9:18 PM

Karen Bearchell:

Sorry - don't know what you are referring to when you say your signature line for links.

No problem. A "signature line," just like in a letter you would write to a friend, is what comes at the end of the letter. In my post above, I wrote you:

alabama24:

Please provide logs for the computer not syncing. See my signature line for links. 

Underneath that you should see my signature line: 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install

It will also be underneath THIS post. I am wanting you to click on "Mac Logs" or "PC Logs" to go to the instructions for logging. 

Posts 6
Karen Bearchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2016 6:17 PM

How do I get it to you?

Posts 29589
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2016 6:35 PM

Attach it to a post in this thread using the paperclip icon. 

Posts 29589
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2016 8:45 PM

Thanks Karen. Good job with the logs. Smile

I am only a quasi techie. I think your problem is with clippings. Your log reads:

2016-05-16 21:01:42.5447 22 Warn SyncManager Not syncing client due to previous fatal error: ClippingsSyncItem

I <think> you will need to delete the clippings .db file, but I don't feel comfortable enough to give you that advice. I think we will need a techie or Faithlife employee to chime in. 

Posts 22
Alan Cleveland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 4:13 PM

I have had the same problem and contacted Logos support about three weeks ago.  They determined that the issue is the syncing of the clippings when I working on my MacBook Pro (Mid 2012, 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7).  This problem does not happen on my desktop PC.  It has been referred up the chain to the software mechanics who really get under the hood.

Posts 26796
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 6:35 PM

alabama24:

2016-05-16 21:01:42.5447 22 Warn SyncManager Not syncing client due to previous fatal error: ClippingsSyncItem

I <think> you will need to delete the clippings .db file, but I don't feel comfortable enough to give you that advice.

The fatal error is:-

Error ApplicationUtility Exception while syncing client: ClippingsSyncItem ~InvalidOperationException: Document Id of clippings item cannot be null

which could indicate a corrupt database, but it is best to contact Tech Support as a case for this issue seems to have been created.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 22
Alan Cleveland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 5 2016 7:57 AM

A case has been created.  I called this morning and hope to hear soon on a solution or fix.

Posts 22
Alan Cleveland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2016 4:01 PM

I appreciate the work of the Level 2 Tech Team and the Developers!  The problem has been solved!  I appreciate the work and the communication on the part of Joe, Zach and Tommy in helping to resolve this!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS