Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 210
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 27 2016 10:36 PM

In a telephone conversation with a Logos rep yesterday I was told that when I subscribed to Logos Now, I would receive all the upgrades / tools that have been made / added to Logos 6 to that point.

I then asked if I later unsubscribed, would I then lose all I had received up to that date.  I was told, no, I would own everything that had been added to my Logos, but would not get anything more.

With that in mind, what is to keep me from subscribing on a monthly basis and unsubscribing after a month or two?  Seems to me something doesn't add up.

Gerry

Posts 5094
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 10:57 PM

Misinformation. All Logos Now 'features' come with a temporary license, unsubscribe and you loose access. You continue to have access to all other features for which you were licensed before you subscribed to Logos Now .i.e. Those that come with your base packages(s) you own.

Posts 210
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 12:48 AM

Thank you for the quick response.  I just fired off a letter to the Logos rep I spoke with earlier.  I don't know if he was misinformed or I didn't understand him correctly.

Last night I tried to upgrade my network backup software only to find out on the last page of the order I was not purchasing the software, but renting it on an annual basis.  I cancelled the order.

This rentalware business is getting w-a-y out of hand - Sorry Logos.

God bless,
Gerry

Posts 25037
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 11:32 PM

Gerald P. Swetsky:
I was told that when I subscribed to Logos Now, I would receive all the upgrades / tools that have been made / added to Logos 6 to that point.

Misleading. You get features that are not part of any Logos 6 base package (or updates to some features you own in Logos 6) i.e you get Logos 7 features with each new release of Logos 6! But you still get (free) updated/new features to what you own in Logos 6 - see Features for All Logos 6 Users in each 'gold' release.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 210
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 29 2016 12:32 AM

I was enjoying adding features and datasets to my Silver Edition which were within my ability to pay for them.  Now apparently all those new features etcetera are contained in a subscription based package that I must continue to support or I lose whatever I was enjoying.

I want to upgrade to the multiple resources tool and others which I would own by paying a reasonable sum.  Being on a limited income like social security, I can not afford $89 a year, especially under Logos' conditions.

Is there no other way to purchase tools and datasets as before?  How about a senior citizens' program?

Disappointed,
Gerry

Posts 5094
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 29 2016 12:58 AM

Gerald P. Swetsky:

I was enjoying adding features and datasets to my Silver Edition which were within my ability to pay for them.  Now apparently all those new features etcetera are contained in a subscription based package that I must continue to support or I lose whatever I was enjoying.

I want to upgrade to the multiple resources tool and others which I would own by paying a reasonable sum.  Being on a limited income like social security, I can not afford $89 a year, especially under Logos' conditions.

Is there no other way to purchase tools and datasets as before?  How about a senior citizens' program?

Disappointed,
Gerry

Gerry Logos Now gives you a preview of features being developed for Logos 7 so you will in the future be able to purchase those tools and datasets that make the final cut into Logos 7 as part of either a Cross Grade, Standard or Denominational Base Package when Logos 7 is released in the future.  Logos 7 is speculated (but not official) to be late October this year.  However you are not able to buy individual add-ons like happened in the past with Libronix when you could pick up a specific add-in for say $20,

Posts 210
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 29 2016 1:12 AM

Well what about the crossgrades page at:
https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Crossgrade
Will that give me some upgrades / improvements and where can I see what I'm getting with each crossgrade?

Gerry

Posts 5094
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 29 2016 1:23 AM

Gerald P. Swetsky:

Will that give me some upgrades / improvements and where can I see what I'm getting with each crossgrade?

Gerry

Yes I expect there will be crossgrades for Logos 7 which will include the features from Logos Now that make the final cut.  The cost, what features and datasets and the recommended resources that will be part of the respective cross grade levels is unknown at this point.  I expect that there will also be new stuff in there that has not been a part of Logos Now, but that's just my speculation.

Posts 10228
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 29 2016 6:02 AM

Answering, each product page listed in your query on crossgrades lists features included, near the bottom. Unfortunately, they're incremental, and all or none.

I can't imagine, absent a major package investment, how a new customer can affordably use common basics to Logos (beyond the core engine). Each crossgrade adds $200 to the previous crossgrade. Pretty soon, AYB will be cheaper than Logos. Maybe Logos' next name-change will be 'Brill'.

Posts 25037
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 29 2016 10:09 PM

Gerald P. Swetsky:

The Feature crossgrade should show what is missing from your (Logos 6 or earlier?) Silver package, without paying for additional books. I suspect the missing features/datasets will cost more than $89, but you can keep subscribing to Logos Now to keep the NEW stuff you enjoy.

When Logos 7 is released, the Crossgrade packages should be updated with the NEW stuff so that you can own them (you can't pick and choose individual features, so choose what the Core Crossgrade offers vs Feature Crossgrade).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 25037
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 29 2016 10:47 PM

Denise:
I can't imagine, absent a major package investment, how a new customer can affordably use common basics to Logos (beyond the core engine). Each crossgrade adds $200 to the previous crossgrade.

That is to be expected if you have no base package or a Logos 3/4 package as the Crossgrades with Logos 6  include the "common basics" from Logos 3, Logos 4, and Logos 5. I assume the Logos 7 Crossgrades will do the same except that the "basics" will also include Logos 6! This might be a restatement of what you meant but:-

• a major package will be a major cost > $200
  • the Core engine alone doesn't provide "basic" datasets like Lemmas, LCV (for Topics), Audio Pronunciation, Excerpts (for Home Page)...

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 30 2016 2:34 AM

Denise:
I can't imagine, absent a major package investment, how a new customer can affordably use common basics to Logos (beyond the core engine).

Logos has always been designed to begin with a base package investment. That's how the vast majority of paying customers begin.

Denise:
Pretty soon, AYB will be cheaper than Logos.

Nonsense. The price of base packages has barely changed in Logos over the years. Every time there's a new release you get more for your money (in terms of datasets and features). Logos 6 Gold had far more features than Logos 5 Gold, but it was the same price.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS