Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2341
Beloved | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 9 2016 6:43 PM

I know I must be missing something obvious, but upon reading and interacting with today's wonderful blog.  I noticed I was missing some Visual Filter functions that I was sure I had. The most glaring was Sympathetic Highlighting. Others of lesser note were Clause Participants and Update on Click.

I am subscribed to LN have Diamond base package and am on the 

Logos Bible Software 6.12 SR-1
6.12.0.0035. Are some of these features on beta? Or am I losing it? I would really like to know what happened to my Sympathetic Highlighting interface. Thanks Smile

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 6:45 PM

Beloved:
The most glaring was Sympathetic Highlighting

Which specific resources are you using? The resources must be compatible with the feature. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2341
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 6:53 PM

alabama24:
Which specific resources are you using? The resources must be compatible with the feature. 

ESV, NA28, LHB, some others in two other windows, but I don't think they matter.

Here's my study layout for the sake of clarity:

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 8:13 PM

Beloved:
Sympathetic Highlighting

I don't use these features, so I may be mistaken. 

First, I believe that "sympathetic highlighting" is now called "corresponding words." Check in the visual filter menu (three circles icon) for the resource in question. 

Secondly, I don't know if you can use the feature or not when you have multiple resources in a pane. 

Third, these features only work on resources with underlying RI data. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2341
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 8:50 PM

alabama,

Thanks for your response. The info you report is understood, however on both cases does not appear to be the case. If I uncheck corresponding words the sympathetic highlighting functionality persists. The multiple resource pane and sympathetic highlighting are compatible. I am flummoxed.

Posts 27047
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 8:57 PM

We need to see the filters that you have turned on as alabama's information is essentially correct. There are a number of filters with similar functions that may be misleading you. For example, the NA28 should look like this:

The ESV should look like this

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2341
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 9:36 PM

MJ. Smith:
We need to see the filters that you have turned on as alabama's information is essentially correct. There are a number of filters with similar functions that may be misleading you.

Sorry it took me so long MJ I had a little trouble getting a screenshot of my pop-up.

Posts 27047
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 11:04 PM

Beloved:
 I noticed I was missing some Visual Filter functions that I was sure I had. The most glaring was Sympathetic Highlighting. Others of lesser note were Clause Participants and Update on Click.

• update on click/hover is an option of corresponding words (formerly sympathetic highlighting)
  • clause participants has never, to the best of my knowledge, been a filter - it is available as a Search element - you may have made a personal visual filter using them in which case they appear later in the list under visual filters.

From your screen shot, your visual filters seem normal.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2341
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2016 11:40 PM

MJ. Smith:

• update on click/hover is an option of corresponding words (formerly sympathetic highlighting)
  • clause participants has never, to the best of my knowledge, been a filter - it is available as a Search element - you may have made a personal visual filter using them in which case they appear later in the list under visual filters.

From your screen shot, your visual filters seem normal.

your analysis is acute and your explanations address the issues I raised. I would only add that my confusion appears to have arisen from the design changes FL has introduced since they shot the video they featured in the blog. Thank you to both you and alabama for getting me straight.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS