Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 25
Rod Letchford | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 15 2016 5:43 PM

I have had great success over the last five years of teaching NT Greek with the inductive method. That is, after learning the alphabet and sounds of letters etc, we jump straight into a NT text and learn vocab syntax and grammar as we go. I use John 1 as the text because it contains most of the 200 most common words in the Greek NT. It is beautiful Greek and well-known.

What I would like to do now is to do the same thing with Hebrew. Does anyone know of a single continuous passage in the Hebrew OT that also contains most of the 200 most common words in the Hebrew OT? If not, is there a way of using Logos/Verbum to find such a passage?

Rod

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2016 8:37 AM

Off the bat I don't know of any single continuous passage that has most of the 200 most common words.

You might want to refer to this page: http://hebrewbiblescholar.com/graded-reader-of-biblical-hebrew/

Incidentally, the Graded Reader is available as a Logos resource.

Posts 25
Rod Letchford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 19 2016 4:19 PM

Got this in our Library. Thanks Lee.

Still looking for a single continuous passage.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 19 2016 7:39 PM

Roderick Ronald LETCHFORD:

I have had great success over the last five years of teaching NT Greek with the inductive method. That is, after learning the alphabet and sounds of letters etc, we jump straight into a NT text and learn vocab syntax and grammar as we go. I use John 1 as the text because it contains most of the 200 most common words in the Greek NT. It is beautiful Greek and well-known.

What I would like to do now is to do the same thing with Hebrew. Does anyone know of a single continuous passage in the Hebrew OT that also contains most of the 200 most common words in the Hebrew OT? If not, is there a way of using Logos/Verbum to find such a passage?

Rod

Have you checked Ex 3?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS