Lexicon reformatting

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 18 2016 12:59 PM

I came across the video tutorial on this very useful feature for reformatting BDAG etc. But it's not available for me, for some reason. I'm on Logos 6 and am a Logos Now subscriber. Is this something I can purchase and add?

Posts 2338
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 18 2016 1:52 PM

David Matthew:
I came across the video tutorial on this very useful feature for reformatting BDAG etc. But it's not available for me, for some reason. I'm on Logos 6 and am a Logos Now subscriber. Is this something I can purchase and add?

David,

Is this the blog post you are referring to? If so the feature you seek can be found under the Visual Filters icon...the three dots forming a triangle on the BDAG panel. You will have to expand the Resource heading. Under this heading you will find Outline formatting, this is the feature you seek. This feature is active for L6, you don't need LN. I'm not sure if it requires a certain base package, someone else will have to answer this question. 

Edit: got a screenshot for you

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 22013
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 18 2016 2:46 PM

This feature requires Bronze or higher as per https://community.logos.com/forums/p/92686/644219.aspx#644219  (or Feature Crossgrade or higher)

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 19 2016 12:11 PM

Thanks. My Logos library dates back from the days of floppy disks and the Scholar's edition of the program. I have added lots of resources over the years, with close on 2000 now, but I obviously don't meet the required standard for the Lexicon Reformatting feature. What a pity this dataset can't be purchased!

Posts 10244
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 19 2016 12:57 PM

On the contrary. You CAN purchase it.

Logos says it's worth $5.  Add another $535 and it's yours!!

https://www.logos.com/product/45041/logos-6-feature-crossgrade 

I can't believe what Logos charges for Tyre silver these days.

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 19 2016 1:20 PM

David Matthew:
What a pity this dataset can't be purchased!

If you look at https://www.logos.com/product/45626/lexicon-reformatting-dataset you'll see the various packages to the right where this is included, listed in rising order by their dynamic price (note that Logos Cloud and Berbum Cloud are subscriptions with a free initial month, that's why they show 0.00).

If I didn't own it already, one of the Bronze packages, or even a Spanish language crossgrade would be much cheaper than the Extended Crossgrade Denise referred to (btw. it's one notch down in Feature Crossgrade as well - I see she edited her post as I was still typing). Obviously, everybody sees different dynamic prices depending on their existing library content.

To my mind, other than back in L4 days, English language L6 Crossgrades make sense primarily as an add-on atop of a base package to round out features, not to buy them as the only L6 package. Of course, the idea of buying cheap single functions instead of larger bundles was appealing, but Logos went away from that years ago. So probably it's either looking for a balance of price, resources and features/datasets, or doing without (as a workaround one could paste a BDAG entry to Word and then manually emulate the structuring that Logos gives with this tool).        

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2016 7:46 AM

Whoopee! I got it today, as the Now subscription has been upgraded to include it and various other features. Thank you, FL!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS