L 6.13 Beta 2 - Bug/Regression?: scrollbar in library wrong

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10314
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 19 2016 7:16 AM

This annoying bug is not always 100% repeatable for me, but occurs quite frequently in the 6.13 betas (1 and 2) for me: the library scrollbar is incapable of scrolling up to the beginning of the library list.It happens when I'm down somewhere in the list and use the movable scroller with my mouse to reposition the library to the top of the list.

In my current session, all I need is to drag the library view with the scrollbar to a certain point and then trying to drag it back up to the very top of the sorted list: fails everytime. 

Screenshot: 

I have moved the scrollbar to the topmost position, but the library is some rows off (the row displayed is not the topmost book in the current sort, it's easily seen that it is not even displayed fully).

The bug: in this situation, neither trying to drag the scrollbar further up, nor clicking the up-arrow of the scrollbar will move the library display upward. Obviously the scrollbar object thinks it is at the topmost point - which is wrong, since when I switch to keyboard and use the up-arrow some times, or the PgUp (or the Pos1 key), it will work and scroll the library to the correct position about a dozen books further up:

When I now drag the scollbar down the list, it will move the library display instantly - however, dragging back up will again not go to the top, but position the library at another position near the top, but not quite:

somehow the position conversion which calculates the percentage of sort order to derive the positioning command for the library view is wrong, as it seems to give incorrect and varying positions as the top.

Not sure whether this bug is a regression - I seem to remember such behavior from the past, but don't recall whether & when it was fixed. I got annoyed with it in the L6.13 betas, so it may be new.

Note that this happens regardless of whether the library is in a floating window, a tab or in popup-mode. My specs are in the footer - I'm seeing the same whether viewing on the laptop's 15.4'' screen or my 24'' extension monitor.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2894
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2016 10:02 AM

NB. Mick,

I'm not able to reproduce this on Beta 3 which was just released. If you observe this in Beta 3 could you take a screencast so I can see the exact steps? Also upload any logs from that session.

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 10314
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2016 2:37 AM

I just observed this in L 6.14 Beta 4 yesterday, so it's not fixed. I'll see if I can recreate it. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS