Expositor's Bible Commentary prepub question

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 1 2010 4:35 PM

Does anyone know if the EBC set now on prepub is going to represent the new, upcoming edition, or is the old edition?  And will there be an upgrade/update to the new edition at some future point?

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 4:41 PM

Douglas A. McMasters:
Does anyone know if the EBC set now on prepub is going to represent the new, upcoming edition, or is the old edition

It is the old edition.

Douglas A. McMasters:
And will there be an upgrade/update to the new edition at some future point?

I would imagine so. The set isn't complete yet. I am not sure you'd get $130 off for owning the older set when the new one comes out, but I'd imagine there will be an upgrade incentive for those who own it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:25 PM

Mark A. Smith:
but I'd imagine there will be an upgrade incentive for those who own it.

way more optimistic there than I am.  And I thought I was the sunny skies guy . . .  Storm  PS>  WHY is there no "sun" in the emoticons?  I have looked for that several times.  Instead, I leave you with rain cloud . . .

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:47 PM

I agree with you Dan.  The old EBC and the Revised EBC are almost entirely different commentary series, since many of the books have been written by different commentators/authors.  In reality, it is difficult to know what Zondervan and Logos will do here.  So it might be in one's best interest to assume there will not be an upgrade incentive.  That is, you should not buy the EBC with the expectation that you will get an upgrade discount.  Purchase the EBC because you want/need the EBC.  If an upgrade discount is offered in the future, you can stand grateful at the grace given to you (If you choose to take advantage of the upgrade).

Si

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS