Logos forum community is a blessing!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 3 2016 9:16 AM

On holiday with my family at Drayton Manor, I wanted to find a local evangelical church to worship in. After a bit of searching online I found Tamworth Baptist just 3 miles away and saw the name of the pastor - Graham Criddle. I knew I had to go there! 

I went along this morning and found the congregation to be very warm and welcoming, I really enjoyed the service, I was challenged by the sermon and (on a whimsical note) was quite surprised by Graham's rich, deep melodious voice! 

I enjoyed the opportunity to meet some of the congregation over coffee after the service and especially of course the chance to chat with Graham.

The funny thing is that visiting these forums frequently almost makes me feel as if I know Graham, Mark Barnes,  MJ, Alabama, and the rest. These folks are amazing and do so much to serve the church by helping us all with this very powerful (and complex) software. 

The choice for holiday church was so much easier because of the forum here and from now on I'll hear Graham's voice as I read his posts. The whole experience just prompted me to say thanks publicly here for all those who give their time and share their expertise with us. Thanks (and a special thanks to Graham for the service this morning!)

Colin

Posts 775
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2016 10:16 AM

Colin,

I appreciate what you've said and I also have often felt that I know some of the people on these forums. I've known a couple people face to face before reading their contributions and questions here, but I've often hoped that my travels would take me close enough to visit with some of our friends and their churches.

Lew

Posts 27270
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2016 11:33 AM

Exciting! Thanks for sharing. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21636
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:08 PM

Thanks Colin

Really appreciated and great to meet with you this morning.

Graham

Posts 472
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:52 PM

Agree

Posts 608
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2016 1:21 PM

Colin:

On holiday with my family at Drayton Manor, I wanted to find a local evangelical church to worship in. After a bit of searching online I found Tamworth Baptist just 3 miles away and saw the name of the pastor - Graham Criddle. I knew I had to go there! 

I went along this morning and found the congregation to be very warm and welcoming, I really enjoyed the service, I was challenged by the sermon and (on a whimsical note) was quite surprised by Graham's rich, deep melodious voice! 

I enjoyed the opportunity to meet some of the congregation over coffee after the service and especially of course the chance to chat with Graham.

The funny thing is that visiting these forums frequently almost makes me feel as if I know Graham, Mark Barnes,  MJ, Alabama, and the rest. These folks are amazing and do so much to serve the church by helping us all with this very powerful (and complex) software. 

The choice for holiday church was so much easier because of the forum here and from now on I'll hear Graham's voice as I read his posts. The whole experience just prompted me to say thanks publicly here for all those who give their time and share their expertise with us. Thanks (and a special thanks to Graham for the service this morning!)

Colin

Wow, what a small world. I live 10 miles down the A5 in Cannock (Well at the top of Cannock on the Edge of Cannock Chase). I will also have to come over and say hello at some point :-) 

I hope you had a great day at Drayton Manor. Because it is so close we to get season tickets once every couple of years and spend a lot of time there. I hope you enjoyed the sun and the rides today. 

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2016 2:07 PM

What a great story Colin. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to be able to put voices to post.

Colin:
The whole experience just prompted me to say thanks publicly here for all those who give their time and share their expertise with us.

I'll add my "amen" to that.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 525
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2016 7:12 PM

Thanks for sharing Colin - let us know if you get over to the West Wink

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 750
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 3:28 AM

Colin:

The funny thing is that visiting these forums frequently almost makes me feel as if I know Graham, Mark Barnes,  MJ, Alabama, and the rest.

What!? Are you saying that we're not actually relatives? Smile

Posts 576
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 1:00 PM

You mean there really are real people behind those photos? Wonderful!

Posts 233
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 5 2016 4:04 AM

What a great post and thread.  I endorse all the comments and add one of my own about the people mentioned here by Colin.  They all must be trained as Elementary School teachers.  I say that because of their patience in answering questions for the 1000th time for Newbies like me with such good grace and humor.

Way to go Logos Forum!

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 169
Al Het | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 6 2016 10:21 AM

Great post. 

This is a great forum.  I'm amazed at the amount of time people are willing to putting to helping others here.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS