Reference that I don't understand

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5366
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 7 2016 2:32 AM

From Paul and the Faithfulness of God, page 806/7 comes this reference which is not linked to any of my resources and which I cannot find in the bibliography.

Anyone with a deeper knowledge (or more extensive library) than me care to give me a hint?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 7 2016 2:41 AM

Epistle of Barnabas. Evidently not properly hyperlinked. Reported it.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2016 10:15 AM

Mike Binks:

From Paul and the Faithfulness of God, page 806/7 comes this reference which is not linked to any of my resources and which I cannot find in the bibliography.

Found "Epistle of Barnabus" in Ante-Nicene Fathers that does not have versification within chapters.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 1:38 AM

The loeb edition is fully versified.

Posts 1501
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 4:38 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Found "Epistle of Barnabus" in Ante-Nicene Fathers that does not have versification within chapters.

This is probably by design since the print edition does not contain verse numbers. Most of the other editions of the Apostolic Fathers (Lightfoot, Lake, etc.) are fully versified.

FYI: The Greek text can also be found in the Codex Sinaiticus (free Logos resource).

Posts 5366
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 12:36 AM

Thanks all - I now know more.

(It would be too much of a stretch to say that I am wiser)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS