Second Edition Faith Life Study Bible

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 616
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 12 2016 1:10 PM

According to the blog on Logos.com, the second edition of the Faith Life Study Bible was to be shipping today. Has anyone received it yet?

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 31864
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2016 1:20 PM

Although I don't see the words "second edition", it appears from the Forward that Biblia.com has the 2nd edition.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29215
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2016 1:21 PM

An update to the FSB downloaded for me yesterday, but no indication that it was a "second edition." 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 616
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2016 1:23 PM

alabama24:

An update to the FSB downloaded for me yesterday, but no indication that it was a "second edition." 

I just found that too, Alabama, thanks.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2016 6:31 PM

alabama24:
but no indication that it was a "second edition." 

Makes me wonder why.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2016 8:45 PM

Bruce Dunning:

alabama24:
but no indication that it was a "second edition." 

Makes me wonder why.

It possibly has to do with the forthcoming print edition https://blog.logos.com/2016/07/faithlife-study-bible-completely-revised/#more-72537 

Posts 29215
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 4:28 AM

Sue McIntyre:
It possibly has to do with the forthcoming print edition

...possibly, but: "While you’ll have to wait for the print edition, these massive improvements can be found in the revised second digital edition, shipping today!"

Posts 1546
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 5:27 AM

alabama24:

I don't see any place that says "Second Edition" and 2012 is the only copyright date shown in the info window for the resource, but the first page past the title page shows copyright dates of 2012 and 2016.  The preface also reflects the 2016 update in a couple of places.   

Posts 648
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 6:09 AM

I was a little surprised to learn of the new announcement of a Second Edition FSB. Isn't one of the FSB's stand-out characteristics the fact that it is always being updated? Surprise or no, I'm very pleased with the product and grateful to Logos for it's commitment to ongoing (and free!) FSB electronic updates.

Posts 29215
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2016 6:19 AM

Gordon Jones:

I was a little surprised to learn of the new announcement of a Second Edition FSB. Isn't one of the FSB's stand-out characteristics the fact that it is always being updated? Surprise or no, I'm very pleased with the product and grateful to Logos for it's commitment to ongoing (and free!) FSB electronic updates.

The partnership with Z to have a print edition may neccecitate an "edition" for print and legal reasons. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS