Issue with "Resources Ready to Be Installed"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 20 2016 8:51 PM

I had to perform a System Restore on my machine today thanks to Dell Support running a registry cleaner causing some issues.

My machine is "pretty much" back to normal, but now I'm having a strange issue in Logos. When I open Logos, I now see a message that says "Resources ready to be installed", but when I restart Logos, the message remains and doesn't clear. What do I need to do to clear this message?

Side Question: Even with a single resource open, I've noticed Logos uses 600+MB of RAM. Compared to other Bible Software with a single resource open, for example, Accordance, only uses about 20+MB RAM. Why does Logos need such a massive amount of RAM even for "light" reading? I'm just curious as to why Logos uses such a massive amount of RAM even when not performing anything intensive on it.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 27939
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 8:54 PM

Try the command "update resources " with a restart. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 10:28 PM

alabama24:

Try the command "update resources " with a restart. 

That cleared it. Thanks for the info!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 11
JSimo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2016 6:39 PM

I too am having the same issue with resources ready to install but "update resources" does not resolve the issue. Any other thoughts.

This is a brand new install on a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro, latest update.

Posts 27939
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2016 6:54 PM

JSimo:

I too am having the same issue with resources ready to install but "update resources" does not resolve the issue. Any other thoughts.

This is a brand new install on a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro, latest update.

Please create a new thread and post logs. Instructions in my signature line. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS