Open letter to Logos Pro

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26140
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 22 2016 12:44 PM

I appreciate the videos you make available especially the 30 day and 10 day challenges which show how to put the pieces together. However, there is another set of videos I'd like to see put together in a how-to-use-in-real life format for the next level of user. I would suggest content of this nature:

• Using Faithlife Study Bible, Lexham Bible Dictionary and Infographics, Theological Wordbook ...
  • Using the interlinear of the LEB, LES and Lexham Textual Notes
  • Using Faithlife tagging - speaker, addressee, semantic role, literary type, sermon, ...
  • Using the Lexham Bible Guides
  • Using the Propositional Outlines filter
  • Using the Discourse Features filter and Lexham Discourse Bible
  • Using the High Definition Bible & Commentaries
  • Using Logos Morphology
  • Using Lexham Syntactic Greek NT and Lexham Clausal Outlines

Hmm ... see the pattern? Show us what your internally produced products can do so we can either use them if they came with a package or buy them if we find them useful. And yes, I just discovered that your Bible Guides are considerable more useful than I thought at first glance.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 12:46 PM

Yes

Posts 348
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 1:39 PM

Great feedback, MJ! We already have shorter Logos Pro videos for most of the resources and features you list. We do plan to create more minicourse-length training on a number of topics in the future, and I agree that Faithlife/Lexham-produced content would be well worth exploring. 

Thanks!

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 2:58 PM

MJ. Smith:
And yes, I just discovered that your Bible Guides are considerable more useful than I thought at first glance.

Hopefully I'm not hijacking the thread, but... Would you care to share how so? My initial thought is that they are brief overviews of what other commentaries say about said verse with handy links to those sources.  Am I correct or is there more? 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 26140
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 4:03 PM

Richard Villanueva:
 Am I correct or is there more? 

What I found is that the summary of issues is far more helpful in pointing me towards possible teaching points than I had original thought. And I discovered that they referenced considerably more non-commentary than I had thought. My choice of commentaries and theirs doesn't have a high overlap. The result is I can spend less time scanning long lists of search results.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 9:18 PM

Ahhh.... I see! Thanks, MJ!  I'll have to take a closer look at the ones I have. 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS