Order Forms with Converted Currency

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Tim Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 1 2016 7:45 AM

I'm a user in the United Kingdom and pay in Great British Pounts. Helpfully the site converts to £ before I buy, so I am aware of the exchange rate Logos will use.

However, the Order Summaries only list the price in $. This is a real nuisance when claiming expenses from my church. Is there anyway the price in £ can also be listed on the invoice to make life easier for those of us not in the US?

Posts 21725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 1 2016 7:51 AM

Tim Wilson:
Helpfully the site converts to £ before I buy, so I am aware of the exchange rate Logos will use.

No - all transactions are done in dollars

Tim Wilson:
However, the Order Summaries only list the price in $. This is a real nuisance when claiming expenses from my church

Understood - and I live in the UK and have the same issue.

The estimated local currency used to be displayed but this was changed back in November 2015 - an explanation for the change was given at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/118602/778821.aspx#778821 

Posts 3007
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 1 2016 8:53 AM

Tim Wilson:
Helpfully the site converts to £ before I buy, so I am aware of the exchange rate Logos will use.

Actually, that's not quite true. Faithlife estimates an exchange rate. Your card is billed in USD, and your card's provider does the conversion, not Faithlife.

Tim Wilson:
Is there anyway the price in £ can also be listed on the invoice to make life easier for those of us not in the US?

The actual price varies depending on customers' credit cards, fees for foreign currency transactions, etc. Different institutions calculate the exchange rate at different times of day and use different rates. Some calculate the exchange at the time of purchase, some once the transaction is fully processed. Faithlife can't actually know how much you're being billed... but your credit card bill does.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS