Notes Compromise idea

Page 3 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 52 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 32967
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2010 2:36 PM

Joan Korte:
Would you like to meet my friends? 

I've spent many years getting clients comfortable that touching a keyboard won't break the system or making them understand that the system doesn't work when the power is out.Smile But my primary thrust was intended to respond to your concern about the safety of your notes. And you seem to know the computer basics sufficiently to recognize how "computer illiterate" people (like Mother but not Dad) are. And yes, I do know that being introduced to computer programming 44 years ago gives me both advantages and disadvantages with current technology.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:47 AM

MJ. Smith:

Joan Korte:
export them to doc or rtf

XML is a universal format. The Open Office products use XML illustrating how easily XML is exported to other formats. Logos has built in the ability to export to several standard Microsoft formats, so your position confuses me.

MJ,

The notes are .lbxnot and I don't see any way to export them or save them as .xml.  But if you say so, great news.  Thanks so much.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:05 AM

Joan Korte:
The notes are .lbxnot and I don't see any way to export them or save them as .xml.
the lbxnot files are actually xml already.   open them in a text editor to view the XML structure.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 32967
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 6:04 PM

Joan Korte:
The notes are .lbxnot and I don't see any way to export them or save them as .xml

Ah, now I see why I was confused but your response. I see why the libronix extension hid the xml format from you. Amazing what perseverance in communication achieves.Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 9:32 AM

David Paul:
When I am doing a Bible study and I hover over a note and a pop-up show how the first sentence of B'reishiytth (Genesis) in Hebrew contains an embryo of the work of Messiah, that blows people away. They immediately begin asking me, "What software is this?"

David, I was wondering if you would mind elaborating on what you are talking about here?

Thanks!

Posts 5394
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 12:32 AM

Ron,

Sorry my response is so sloooow. I haven't been on the forum much lately...working on a book about this and other topics. Email me at mindfruit@live.com and I will give you a brief explanation.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 23
Kent Maitland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 2:14 AM

Great idea. Logos meets evernote. Personally, I never quite figured out why everyone wants a full word processor built in to Logos. Verse tags are nice, but I doubt they would ever be a reason for me to switch from Word. It would however, be great to search what documents I've made already, as well as pdf. Perhaps this idea will be better received by the Logos developers than the processor idea.

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 7:52 AM

Kent Maitland:
It would however, be great to search what documents I've made already

Based on Bob's comment here, http://community.logos.com/forums/p/16257/124397.aspx#124397, I think what you want will be in PBB (Personal Book Builder).

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 5:41 PM

MJ. Smith:
Logos has built in the ability to export to several standard Microsoft formats, so your position confuses me.

MJ,

Where is this Export in Logos4?

I want to be able to export/save my user-content, rather than trust it to the Logos servers, and not actually have my own copy anywhere.

Posts 32967
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 11:47 PM

Jim Towler:
Where is this Export in Logos4?

You had me lost here - trying to remember the context of my original statement. Go into Help and do a search on "export" - I suspect more is coming. I also think of the CBV as an "export" function.

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 12:34 AM

I think its a great idea.... I already use google index to find text fast, but this would narrow narrow the search. i like the hyperlinking of bible texts also..

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 3:31 AM

MJ. Smith:
I believe this is the intermediate step that several users resent because it requires that one give up the automatic indexing and searching that Logos provides for in the notes.

this whole subject is a sticky wicket simply because of a vision differential between what Logos believes notes to be, and what some users want.

Logos believes notes to be like "margin notes" in a bible; a few scribbled lines, a reference or two and that's it...not a full blown presentation tool.

But...one thing I'll add my two cents on is the searching ability...whatever comes of the notes...having them be searchable is important to me...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 18
Christine Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 8:31 AM

I also use the hover over a note feature.  If I am teaching and someone asks a question I can "hover" over my notes for a quick , accurate answer.  It also works well when a discussion goes on a "rabbit trail."

Page 3 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS