Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 5 2016 7:42 AM

I have many encyclopedias and cannot zoom on images. I want to double tap / select an image and have it pop-up a new window with an enlarged image. I could make a voice suggestion to implement this feature but come on, this should be incorporated by default.

I asked about this earlier and was told that Logos isn't often provided a high-resolution version of an image and so zooming does not work.

This is either false or my question was misunderstood.

For example, please examine both of the screenshots attached. I am reading the ZEB and I see a cool image and want to make it bigger. It's impossible... unless... I increase the font size. This is clearly an impractical solution but it does show that images can in fact be resized.

I previously used Logos on Android and I recall being able to double click on most images and zoom-in but I have never experienced this on IOS.

Posts 133
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 7:55 AM

Here is another example from the ESV study bible:

Posts 133
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 8:21 AM

Finally, here is the same map from post #2 in Android (top shots are on my ipad pro whereas this android shot is from an android phone). Image 1 is the default view. Image 2 is when I double click on the image. Image 3 is when I double click on Image 2. So zoom is built into the Android app but absent on the IOS app (unless one increases the font size which is impractical)...

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 9:30 AM

Hi Matt, I just checked the exact same first image you show above in the ZEB on my iPad. I double tap on the image, it shows up on its own. Then I can use my two fingers to pinch it out - and make it bigger - or pinch it in - and it gets smaller. Have you tried that?

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 9:33 AM

It works on my iPhone too, same way - here is the pinched-out version of the picture:

Posts 133
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 10:13 AM

Don Awalt:

Hi Matt, I just checked the exact same first image you show above in the ZEB on my iPad. I double tap on the image, it shows up on its own. Then I can use my two fingers to pinch it out - and make it bigger - or pinch it in - and it gets smaller. Have you tried that?

That's really odd. I double tap the image and it highlights it and the standard message bar appears asking me to copy lookup search etc. Same message bar when I select any text in the Logos app.

I tried this on my iPad air, iPad pro, and iphone.

Are you using the latest version of Logos on iOS? And what version of iOS itself?

Here is a link of a video where I am double-tapping but it's not working:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfasbut35ggs4tp/IMG_1480.MOV?dl=1

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 11:38 AM

I'm able to reproduce this issue in 5.3.4: https://monosnap.com/file/2NVU7sjeIiXmHhJnSlsaZ5syOrXAME

However, it's already fixed in the beta: https://monosnap.com/file/otAMmN6RxtZDE7CyAu2EywBng1ptCn 

Posts 133
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 11:43 AM

Woohoo! So I'm not crazy and there is a solution. Guess I'll hold out until the beta is pushed to the app store as a non beta. Thanks!

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 11:52 AM

Don is running an earlier version of the 5.4.0 beta which is why he isn't seeing the issue.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 1:00 PM

YAY Beta program! Big Smile

Posts 15
Josh Gherghel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2021 9:24 AM

I am having this problem on a Samsung s21 ultra. I ran it both on the latest logos and the beta. Both are producing the same failed results. I cannot zoom into any of the images in othmar keels book the symbolism of the biblical world. Images are super small and whenever I double tap on an image, it highlights it blue. Any way to fix this. It has been like 5 years this this post came out. I hope there will be a solution. 

Posts 15
Josh Gherghel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2021 11:40 PM

Here are some screen shots. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS