New & Improved Logos Now Membership Program Coming Soon

Page 2 of 9 (180 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 179 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 1962
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 8:14 PM

Not to mention Logos 6.xx beta has been slow.. (on new features and fixes)

Its a given.

Monday it is.

Logos 7 release date: August 8th 2016.  Party!!!

Posts 2203
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 8:19 PM

Would anyone at Faithlife be willing to deny that Logos 7 will be released on Monday?  

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 462
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 8:21 PM

Thanks Chris - I'm looking forward to what will be proposed for Logos Now. To date, as a consumer I've not been disappointed with the new features and the work that has been done for Logos Now. My thanks also for the improvements which we have enjoyed. Keep well.  Paul   

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 9:04 PM

That'd be shocking if it releases on Monday 😳

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 2107
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 9:06 PM

Joseph Turner:

Would anyone at Faithlife be willing to deny that Logos 7 will be released on Monday?  

And spoil all the fun? ;)

Posts 1239
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 9:24 PM

I've been quite happy with Logos Now. It's definitely one of the better things that's come out from FL in the last year or so. I use the different interactives and datasets only intermittently, but I've most enjoyed the preview resources, especially some of the expensive academic ones that have scratched certain theological itches I've had. Between getting to read some of those and other offers and discounts that have come through, I feel I've gotten my money's worth.

I hope one of the things that comes out is an acceleration of the development of the web app. That's the one thing that's been a bit of a disappointment.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Joseph Turner:

It has been fun, hasn't it? Everything is a sign that L7 is coming soon, and nothing is a sign that it isn't. Wink

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 9:45 PM

I used Logos Now for a couple months and found no reason to keep it really.  And as for L7, without a revision to the payment plan it won't matter much to me.

Posts 31894
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 10:09 PM

Joseph Turner:

IIRC every major version has been released on a Monday - so the staff has the weekend to get things into place. So I'll bet you 1 brownie point that Logos 7 will be released on some Monday Surprise

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9057
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:
IIRC every major version has been released on a Monday

Not true: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/57987.aspx 

Posts 31894
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 11:39 PM

I stand corrected.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4468
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 4:28 AM

Justin Gatlin:

It has been hinted that Now subscribers will get a discount on L7. They don't want someone getting that for the cost of one month, then cancelling. Very exciting signs of good things to come!

That's a good point. I just hope whatever releases Monday doesn't leave out the monthly people or gives us a chance to switch for whatever benefit comes

Posts 732
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 5:44 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Joseph Turner:

Well, then - I have a serious question. I have been contemplating upgrading to another base package. I really want some of the resources in the upgrade. Should I wait, knowing that there may be 'improved' packages in the near future or will I lose out if the revamped packages remove some of the the things I really want?

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 5:56 AM

JH:
. Should I wait, knowing that there may be 'improved' packages in the near future or will I lose out if the revamped packages remove some of the the things I really want?

In my experience, there hasn't been much overlap between them so the particular resources you've had your eye on could very likely NOT be included in the 7 package. 

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 29240
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 6:08 AM

JH:
I really want some of the resources in the upgrade.

You should get it now, imo. You do have a window where you can return a purchase... Furthermore, having a "bigger and better" package may give you an upgrade price to a future package. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2203
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 8:25 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Joseph Turner:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

MJ. Smith:
IIRC every major version has been released on a Monday

Not true: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/57987.aspx 

Posting at 11:06 PM Friday night and 1:28 AM on Saturday.  You guys are obviously working on something!

MJ. Smith:

I'll bet you 1 brownie point that Logos 7 will be released on some Monday Surprise

I believe you are right, but regardless of what happens, I like brownies!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2107
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 9:41 AM

JH:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Joseph Turner:

Well, then - I have a serious question. I have been contemplating upgrading to another base package. I really want some of the resources in the upgrade. Should I wait, knowing that there may be 'improved' packages in the near future or will I lose out if the revamped packages remove some of the the things I really want?

Here's my perspective on that question.

Posts 825
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 10:45 AM

mike:
Monday it is.  Logos 7 release date: August 8th 2016.  

Joseph Turner:

MJ. Smith:
 ... So I'll bet you 1 brownie point that Logos 7 will be released on some Monday 

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the workers of B'ham, nor the Gons, but Bob alone.

JRS has left the building.

Posts 5058
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 1:59 PM

Joseph Turner:

Probably, on Tuesday.

Posts 9057
LogosEmployee

Joseph Turner:

Posting at 11:06 PM Friday night and 1:28 AM on Saturday.  You guys are obviously working on something!

If I were truly working on something, I wouldn't be checking the forums. Wink

Posts 2203
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 6 2016 2:17 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Joseph Turner:

If I were truly working on something, I wouldn't be checking the forums. Wink

Everybody needs a break!

Page 2 of 9 (180 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS