New & Improved Logos Now Membership Program Coming Soon

Page 7 of 9 (180 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 179 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 9:24 AM

DAL:

So, to summarize: I become a Logos Now member now and pretty much I start using Logos 7's features now (along with the features I already own from L6), the only thing I don't get yet is the new books that come in a Base Package, which I would have to purchase if I want those - Is that correct?

Next: If I don't become a member and just upgrade to L7 when it comes out, I will get L7's new features plus new books, but will lose L6's features since L7's features will replace them - is that accurate?

Finally, but if I want both L6's and L7's features, then I must become a member - is this right?

Thanks!

DAL

I dont understand? I'm in a similar situation. I have L6 Diamond and lots of L6 demonational packages.  I dont have Now.  I dont see a lot of value to me.  So why woudl i lose L6 stuff If I just buy a L7 base package ??? 

DAL -- I dont get the losing L6 part? if I dont get Now.

Posts 7848
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 9:29 AM

Travis Walter:

DAL:

So, to summarize: I become a Logos Now member now and pretty much I start using Logos 7's features now (along with the features I already own from L6), the only thing I don't get yet is the new books that come in a Base Package, which I would have to purchase if I want those - Is that correct?

Next: If I don't become a member and just upgrade to L7 when it comes out, I will get L7's new features plus new books, but will lose L6's features since L7's features will replace them - is that accurate?

Finally, but if I want both L6's and L7's features, then I must become a member - is this right?

Thanks!

DAL

I dont understand? I'm in a similar situation. I have L6 Diamond and lots of L6 demonational packages.  I dont have Now.  I dont see a lot of value to me.  So why woudl i lose L6 stuff If I just buy a L7 base package ??? 

DAL -- I dont get the losing L6 part? if I dont get Now.

Mark Barnes corrected my wrong assumption. You won't lose anything.

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 9:37 AM

ok so seems ill keep my usual upgrade path.  L7 Now seems to not be a value for me

Posts 29030
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 9:51 AM

Travis Walter:

ok so seems ill keep my usual upgrade path.  L7 Now seems to not be a value for me

For clarification, there isn't an "L7 Now." It is just "Now." 

Is there value for you? It depends on if you want to own the features / datasets or not. The Now route is certainly cheaper, plus you gain new features up to 2 years early. 

For myself, I have no problems with "renting" features... but I want to "own" my books. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 10:04 AM

My two cents:

1. Logos Now as a continuous revenue stream doesn't seem to be working out in regards to the monthly users. I myself tried it for a couple of months, but didn't find it to be worthwhile.

2.  As a longtime user with several base packages over the years, this doesn't seem to be something that interests me, for many of the same reasons others have stated. I'll stick with the crossgrade when it comes out, with a slight chance of picking up another base package.

3.  Mobile Ed is of zero interest to me when nearly the same thing is offered all over the internet for free.  Thus 40% off as an incentive to join is moot.

4.  Resource preview would be much more effective if there were an option for tradition, much like there is for base packages, ie. Reformed, Baptist. etc.   

5.  The discounts thus offered for Logos Now have not been worthwhile to me to warrant a full subscription price.  

6.  A 5% discount on the upcoming base package is only worthwhile if I bought one at full price.  With dynamic pricing it would not be worth it.

7.  If I am correct, I would say that this Logos Now is much more directed at newer users and increasing revenue via them.  For those of us who are seasoned, and invested already, in Logos, there is little to warrant it.

Just my humble opinion.

Posts 2872
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 10:28 AM

Apparently, I am not the target audience for Logos Now.   I just don't feel a need for "new features" beyond L6,  I am happy with the features that I have now.  Also, I have too many monthly / yearly  subscriptions already, and I do not want another.   

If I even upgrade to L7, when it comes, it will not be for new features.  Rather, I might upgrade if it makes the present features faster or better. I might upgrade to get the new books available in an upgrade package.  Books I will buy, new features, not so much.  Perhaps they will come out with a feature that I haven't imagined I need, and I will just have to have it.  But I haven't imagined it yet. 

However, I wish "Logos Now" great success, and hope those who are interested receive great benefit from it.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 10:49 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
The post on Friday was pretty lacking in hype. We did it as a courtesy to our customers who like advanced warning before we make changes (i.e., dropping the monthly option). It was an attempt at better communication.

I'm glad you did it. Thank you. It was a successful attempt at better communication. And I signed up for a free month of Verbum Now because of it. This increased the chance that I will pay for a year of it. Please keep up the good work!

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 2088
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 12:49 PM

Matthew:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Logos Now now has a members-only page where you’ll find regularly updated discounts, offers, and more. If you’re a regular or even occasional Logos buyer, you may save enough in members-only discounts to more than pay for your annual membership.

Phil, I visited this page (https://www.logos.com/now-members) with the intent of seeing what kind of real-world discounts I might receive if I signed up for an annual membership. I can see the products that are listed, but as a non-member I am unable to see the discounts. Is this by design or is it an issue with the website? From a marketing perspective it seems like it would make sense to allow customers such as myself to see what specific discounts we might receive, as that may make the difference between whether we join on not.

It's a technical limitation for now. We can't dynamically generate a dynamic pricing plus a membership discount that you don't qualify for yet. We're working on a solution.

Posts 2088
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 12:55 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
And this is something Faithlife is poor at recognizing - that often their offers don't actually have a lot in them for customers like myself

Thanks for the feedback. It's challenging to build the ideal solution for so many customers with diverse interests. The relaunch of Logos Now was motivated by a desire to serve more people, and it seems like it will succeed at that—even if it's not presently what everyone would like to see.

Disciple of Christ (doc):
offer a free digital subscription to Bible Study Magazine

We're evaluating this again. No promises, but it is a possibility.

Posts 2088
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 1:35 PM

Matthew:

NB.Mick:
I think it is by design - cut from your screenshot

(Facepalm) Thanks. That's what I get for looking at this stuff in the middle of the night. I missed the fine print. Still, I maintain it would be helpful for prospective members to be able to actually see what sorts of discounts are offered each month.

Agreed. We hope to address this in the future.

Posts 2088
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 1:42 PM

SineNomine:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
The post on Friday was pretty lacking in hype. We did it as a courtesy to our customers who like advanced warning before we make changes (i.e., dropping the monthly option). It was an attempt at better communication.

I'm glad you did it. Thank you. It was a successful attempt at better communication. And I signed up for a free month of Verbum Now because of it. This increased the chance that I will pay for a year of it. Please keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Posts 75
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 1:49 PM

I think the membership model is a step in the right direction. I got a free year of Verbum Now for upgrading base packages back around Christmas time and the new features, while nice, are not something I'd generally pay a recurring fee for. Throwing in the temporary licenses on books each month has been nice. And with the promise of discounts on resources, I see the value increasing.

I'm sure it's a work in progress that will always receive some tweaking (just like Amazon Prime). I believe that Faithlife truly does want us customers to perceive a great value in the program such that we happily join. So I have little doubt they will continue to hone the program in the months and years to come. I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Posts 313
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 3:45 PM
Am I missing something because other doing away with the monthly subscription I don't much difference. Please explain!
Posts 313
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 3:49 PM
I would love a new feature to be major improved speed and performance!
Posts 1005
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 4:03 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm liking the upgrade as well.  Looking forward to the potential for Verbum audience-specific resource enhancements.

YesYes 

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 4:19 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
Am I missing something because other doing away with the monthly subscription I don't much difference. Please explain!

The big change is that instead of just including features from the forthcoming Logos 7, it now includes all the features and datasets from Logos 6 (and therefore Logos 4 and 5, too). It allows people who want to use referent data or interlinears or just about anything else to use those features without needing to buy a base package.

For non-base package owners, that's huge. For the rest of us, it means we'll never need to buy a crossgrade so long as we have a Logos Now membership.

Posts 4352
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 4:25 PM

I like it too. I'm just hoping they include the ability to download media for offline use

Posts 730
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 5:01 PM

Mark Barnes:

Pastor Michael Huffman:

The big change is that instead of just including features from the forthcoming Logos 7, it now includes all the features and datasets from Logos 6 (and therefore Logos 4 and 5, too). It allows people who want to use referent data or interlinears or just about anything else to use those features without needing to buy a base package.

For non-base package owners, that's huge. For the rest of us, it means we'll never need to buy a crossgrade so long as we have a Logos Now membership.

All good points. A question I would ask Logos in light of this: why keep the release date of Logos 7 secret anymore? It doesn't make sense in light of the new membership program. Just give people a rough idea of the month/year that they anticipate the next release. That would provide some planning for those who will be making book purchases, etc. And, since we already have all the functionality, there is nothing to anticipate (other than new library bundles). Thoughts?

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 5:55 PM

JH:

Mark Barnes:

Pastor Michael Huffman:

All good points. A question I would ask Logos in light of this: why keep the release date of Logos 7 secret anymore? It doesn't make sense in light of the new membership program. Just give people a rough idea of the month/year that they anticipate the next release. That would provide some planning for those who will be making book purchases, etc. And, since we already have all the functionality, there is nothing to anticipate (other than new library bundles). Thoughts?

My guess on the release date matter is that, once Faithlife publicly states the release date, they will be locked into and pretty much obligated to release L7 on (or before) that date. If they have things to work out, it is better not to publicize the release date yet. It is easier to accept a prolonged release date than to accept a release date in which a product is not delivered.

Posts 730
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 5:58 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

JH:

Mark Barnes:

Pastor Michael Huffman:

My guess on the release date matter is that, once Faithlife publicly states the release date, they will be locked into and pretty much obligated to release L7 on (or before) that date. If they have things to work out, it is better not to publicize the release date yet. It is easier to accept a prolonged release date than to accept a release date in which a product is not delivered.

I understand that reasoning. I'm talking about once Faithlife has decided on a release date (everything is locked in and ready) and all they have to do is build their advertising and update their webpages. At that point, they could easily give advanced notice ("Coming in two weeks", etc). I don't see the point once they decide to pull the trigger to keep it a surprise.

Page 7 of 9 (180 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS