Problem searching in book "The Unseen Realm" [WIN 6.14 Beta 3 (6.14.0.0030)]

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 8 2016 6:44 AM

I tried to search for several words in "The Unseen Realm" and got no results.

• I used Basic Search, All Text in Unseen Real for [name | tabernacle | presence] and got no results.
  • I right-clicked on these and other words in The Unseen Realm and selected Search: This Resource and also got no results.

Thinking the book was not indexed (properly or at all), I executed "reindex LLS:UNSEENREALM" in the command line and nothing happened.  (I expected an indicate that Logos was indexing my library.)  After waiting a few minutes I tried the searches again (in case the reindex happened in the background without an indication), but got the same none results.

Before I do a complete index, I thought I'd post this issue and see if Faithlife (or anyone else) had the same experience, a correction in my procedure, suggestion for solution or confirmation of a bug.

Support info for resource:

LLS:UNSEENREALM

2015-10-23T17:27:34Z

UNSEENREALM.logos4

Thanks.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

The last time someone posted about a similar problem, it turned out the indexer was crashing before it completed indexing (which may be why "reindex Unseen Realm" isn't working). If that's the case for you, a full reindex may not help either.

Please post your logs as they may give a clue to what's going on.

Posts 12153
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 7:10 AM

Tim Hensler:
Thinking the book was not indexed (properly or at all), I executed "reindex LLS:UNSEENREALM" in the command line and nothing happened.

Your description fits a corrupt or missing index very well. Just to avoid a licence inssue, or simple typo, did it identify the resource when you tried reindexing it?

like this: 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 7:53 AM

Hi NB.Mick.  It identified the resource as "The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible" which is exactly the resource I am working with.

Hi Bradley.  All log files are in the attached zip file.

6472.Logos Log Files.zip

Additional info:

• The search functions used here work fine for several other resources.
  • The search settings include:
    • Match all word forms
    • Match equivalent references
    • NOT Match case.

I'll take no remedial action until directed (so additional diagnostics can be done, if needed.)

Thanks again for your help.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Can you collect a set of log files from the session when you run "reindex Unseen Realm"? There was an error in the archived logs, but I'm not sure if it was from reindexing or not.

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 3:49 AM

Log files from after attempting "reindex LLS:UNSEENREALM" and also (in case it made a difference) "reindex The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible" are attached.

By the way, last night I downloaded and installed update 6.14 Beta 4 6.14.0.0035.  Along with the application update a lot of resources were downloaded, but the index period that normally follows was very short, as if it only Data Set files were downloaded, but there were a lot of resources too, which should have taken a while to index.  I noticed in the logs.log file included in the attached zip file the statement "Indexer is not running for user ykzwe0fc.dib" for each time I tried to reindex The Unseen Realm.  That's exactly how it seems to be behaving - logos is not indexing any more.  The last time I remember Logos indexing "normally" from the user viewpoint (having the indication via the blue circle at the top of the window") was when I downloaded newly purchased resources on Aug. 3 or 4..

Thank you.

4405.Logos Log Files (1).zip

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Tim Hensler:
"Indexer is not running for user ykzwe0fc.dib" for each time I tried to reindex

That is normal, but it should be immediately followed by "Launching indexer because the Bible index needs to be updated." (which is not happening in your case). 

You could try running "rebuild index" but that may not even work. If not, you could force a complete reindex from scratch, including rebuilding information about the library by deleting these folders:

• C:\Users\timhe\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\ykzwe0fc.dib\BibleIndex
  • C:\Users\timhe\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\ykzwe0fc.dib\LibraryIndex
  • C:\Users\timhe\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\ykzwe0fc.dib\PersonalBookIndex
Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 10:22 AM

Hi Bradley,

I just tried rebuild index, and I got the blue circle notifying me that "Your library is indexing."  We'll see how that goes and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 2:31 PM

Hi Bradley,

The rebuild index ran, but I still have the same problem.  I'll force a complete reindex from scratch, probably tomorrow, and let you know the results.

Thanks again for your help.

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2016 8:13 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

You could try running "rebuild index" but that may not even work. If not, you could force a complete reindex from scratch, including rebuilding information about the library by deleting these folders:

• C:\Users\timhe\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\ykzwe0fc.dib\BibleIndex
  • C:\Users\timhe\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\ykzwe0fc.dib\LibraryIndex
  • C:\Users\timhe\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\ykzwe0fc.dib\PersonalBookIndex

Hi Bradley,

This solution worked.  Let me know if you need anything else from me.  Thank you for your help.

Tim.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS