Personal Books - "you don't have a license to view this resource"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Adrian R Holdsworth | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 9 2016 12:06 AM

I have a number of personal books in my library, compiled from lecture notes that I wrote for my students. Most were compiled between 2012 and 2015 on a PC.  Today I tried to open them on a macbook and found that I "do not have a license to view this resource."

What's the solution to recovering these resources?

Thanks.

Posts 10126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 12:22 AM

Adrian R Holdsworth:

I have a number of personal books in my library, compiled from lecture notes that I wrote for my students. Most were compiled between 2012 and 2015 on a PC.  Today I tried to open them on a macbook and found that I "do not have a license to view this resource."

What's the solution to recovering these resources?

Thanks.

Hi Adrian, welcome to the forums!

Regarding your books: you need to go to the PC and in the Personal Book tool hit the upload button for those books you want to access on the Mac. Then they will sync to the cloud and automatically download to the Mac machine. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 27806
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 6:32 AM

Adrian R Holdsworth:
I tried to open them on a macbook and found that I "do not have a license to view this resource."

To add just a little to what Mick wrote: Personal books automatically sync the metadata (title, author, etc.) between installations, but the actual compiled book is not synced. If you want to access the book on multiple computers (but not mobile, as personal books aren't currently available on mobile), you need to either upload the book (as Mick suggested) or compile the book on the other installations. The former is probably best.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 9:47 AM

Adrian R Holdsworth:
I tried to open them on a macbook and found that I "do not have a license to view this resource."

Welcome Big Smile

alabama24:
If you want to access the book on multiple computers (but not mobile, as personal books aren't currently available on mobile), you need to either upload the book (as Mick suggested) or compile the book on the other installations.

Third option is manually copying *.LBSPBB resource files from one installation followed by using SCAN command in another installation to copy and index them, which is useful for any personal book(s) that are too large for upload.

FYI: compiling personal book updates metadata that syncs so different installation can have mismatch between compiled personal book resource file and metadata last update.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS