Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 12 2016 1:52 PM

Ever since updating to windows 10 anniversary edition I have been having lag and lockups in proclaim....on very capable hardware....

Any Ideas?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 4:55 PM

My first guess would be video driver related issues. Are you up to date with Windows Update? Does your video card support Win 10?

Are the lockups totally random or are they related to a specific action? 

One other thing to try is to delete your data directory (make sure you've synced first!) and let Proclaim rebuild all the required files. Your data directory will be located at the following path %LOCALAPPDATA%\Proclaim\Data\<random folder name>

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 10:22 PM

all drivers are as up to date as they can be per nvidia's website....tried all the other suggestions before you even suggested them, to no avail.....

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 10:24 PM

usually happens when in edit and go from a video file to a content slide or vice versa....check the processes and nothing is really taxing the system at that moment either....I didn't have this issue before the anniversary update...everything ran really smooth and quick....like I said I have a pretty capable machine.... I5 4690k, gtx 750ti, 16 gigs of ram and 120 gig ssd.....

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 10:31 PM

Are you using spell check? If so try disabling (under Settings > General on main menu). It's a long shot but worth a try. You probably need to restart Proclaim after disabling to test.

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 10:35 PM

will try that after finishing up a few notes...I will let you know, thanks

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2016 11:17 AM

seems to be working better now

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2016 9:20 PM

Adam:

seems to be working better now

Interesting... last week we identified a potential performance issue with the way WPF applications load custom dictionaries for spell check. The version we ship on Monday should resolve this issue but you might want to check the following registry folder - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Spelling\Dictionaries

If you open the key named _Global_ do you see lots of entries to files in your temp folder?

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 14 2016 6:41 AM

Not sure what you mean by lots...I think there are only 3.

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 14 2016 6:42 AM

that is with spell check turned off in proclaim as well...not sure if that would make a difference, etc

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 9:55 AM

Thanks for helping out with this Adam. We just shipped an update which I hope will resolve this issue. Interested in how it performs on your system when you update and re enable spell check.

Before you do that though please clean up that registry key mentioned previously. If you double click on it you will be able to remove the paths to your temp file system. This will ensure that Proclaim is not wasting time scanning those files. We'll release an update that will do this one time clean up automatically but doing it manually will enable us to test the new setup quickly on your system. 

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:06 AM

so the registry string I had up in the pic, remove those 3 lines form there then click ok?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:12 AM

Adam:

so the registry string I had up in the pic, remove those 3 lines form there then click ok?

Just the top 2, leave the line with Microsoft\Office in the path.

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:15 AM

now on my laptop which has the same issue should I delete lines as well...I have no office line in the registry of that one.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:28 AM

Adam:

now on my laptop which has the same issue should I delete lines as well...I have no office line in the registry of that one.

Yes.

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:31 AM

so far so good....I will keep note on it....Wednesday morning I will know more as well as this thursday when I work on things for sunday morning.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:33 AM

Adam:

so far so good....I will keep note on it....Wednesday morning I will know more as well as this thursday when I work on things for sunday morning.

Thanks!

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2016 11:56 PM

seems to be working good....spell check is on on all my devices I use, Home computer, personal laptop, and church desktop....no freezing issues as of yet...will reply again Sunday after services to give an update.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Posts 41
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2016 11:59 AM

today I was deleting a hymn song from the left side and it completely locked up the program....spell check is on...

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2016 12:10 PM

Adam:

today I was deleting a hymn song from the left side and it completely locked up the program....spell check is on...

Did the app crash or did you have to force shut it down to continue working? Attaching logs to this thread may help us diagnose further. http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS