Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Eric Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 17 2016 7:38 PM

This has been my largest single frustration with LOGOS.  In the Quick Start Guide, under Searches, I see an Advanced Search Box.  I can find that nowhere on my copy.

I had given up on advanced search in Series X because I did not want to have to remember all the operators and terms to enter them by hand. That is why I had given up for several years and have been using ver. 2.1, until I saw the reference to Advanced. Where is it?  Why can't I find it?

Is it an additional, AddIn module?

Thanks a bunch,

Eric Alexander

Posts 8728
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2016 10:28 PM

IIRC, the “Advanced Search” dialog came from the Graphical Query Editor Addin, which wasn’t installed by default; you had to choose to install that component in Libronix Update.

I'm not sure if the Libronix Update servers are still working (the product was discontinued many years ago), so you may wish to consider installing the free update to Logos 6 instead: https://www.logos.com/install 

Posts 4
Eric Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2016 9:06 AM

That sounds great, but will my current library all be accessible from ver 6.0?

Posts 4
Eric Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2016 3:52 PM

Well, I downloaded and installed Logos 6.  I don't see access to any of my many books, nor a way to import them.

I can not and do not want to spend hundreds on an upgrade.  I love Logos and have for a couple of decades.  This is usually the answer to about any problem, though -- you just need to upgrade.

Would the Graphical Query Editor Addin be available anywhere on the internet for download?  When funds appear I would gladly upgrade.

Until then and such, I am relegating myself to ver 2.01. 8-(

Posts 2286
LogosEmployee

Eric Alexander:

Well, I downloaded and installed Logos 6.  I don't see access to any of my many books, nor a way to import them.

I can not and do not want to spend hundreds on an upgrade.  I love Logos and have for a couple of decades.  This is usually the answer to about any problem, though -- you just need to upgrade.

Would the Graphical Query Editor Addin be available anywhere on the internet for download?  When funds appear I would gladly upgrade.

Until then and such, I am relegating myself to ver 2.01. 8-(

You can contact customer support to get all of your prior resources activated on your account. Then they will show up in Logos 6.

Posts 8728
LogosEmployee

Logos 6 and Libronix use different user account systems, so your Libronix books won't show up automatically. Contact customer service and provide them your Libronix Customer ID and logos.com email address (these appear in the Help > About dialog of each program) and they can link them together so your Libronix books download automatically to Logos 6.

Posts 4
Eric Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2016 12:51 PM

That's great news.  I will call them.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS