New Feature: Sermon Editor

Page 5 of 13 (257 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 256 Replies | 27 Followers

Posts 32
Kevin M. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:38 AM

Another item that needs to be included is the adding of additional media and video to the sermon editor. If I add a video to the Proclaim Service after I've created and exported my sermon in the sermon editor my two files are not the same. The key for a seamless integration here (in my opinion) is to be able to do everything from within the sermon editor and just send it to Proclaim.

Posts 20885
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:45 AM

Kevin M. Adams:
How do you change the exported font size. I had to reconfigure it all in MS Word (after exporting it) - and a few slides in Proclaim as well (usually poetry which had additional line spacing resulting in the verse being spread out over too many slides).

Can't currently change the exported font size - I believe this is recognised and being looked at

The poetry being spread out in verses is a known issue and being worked on

Posts 32
Kevin M. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:51 AM

How do you access media that has been uploaded to Proclaim (Group Resources)? I'm not seeing that option in the media choices when editing a slide in sermon editor. Is there someplace else (within Logos) that I have to upload (or re-upload) my Proclaim Group Content/Images to be able to use them in the sermon editor?

Posts 6465
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:57 AM

Kevin M. Adams:
How do you access media that has been uploaded to Proclaim (Group Resources)?

To the best of my knowledge that it not possible.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 11:42 AM

Kevin M. Adams:
How do you change the exported font size. I had to reconfigure it all in MS Word (after exporting it)

I as well would like to see this an option to edit as the default look is WAY too big for printing. Exporting to MS Word and editing from there before printing is the only solution I can come up with so far as well. A little trick to help make this less painful is a keyboard shortcut that resizes everything you have selected all at once. So you can select the entire document (Cmd/Ctrl + A), and then use these keyboard shortcuts to reduce the size of the entire document correspondingly all at the same time.

Mac:

Reduce Font Size: Cmd + Shift + <

Increase Font Size: Cmd + Shift + >

PC: 

Reduce Font Size: Ctrl + Shift + <

Increase Font Size: Ctrl + Shift + >

I hope this helps, as without these shortcuts, the printing (for handouts or for print outline to preach from) features are useless to me because the font is so big and I don't have time to manually fix each line.

Posts 3979
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 12:29 PM

There was a discussion about font controls during the beta period. Several requests were made to add the ability to control font size, type, etc. Bob indicated they were hesitant to add full control, but planned to provide several different options for larger or headings, text, etc.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 12:39 PM

Fredc:

There was a discussion about font controls during the beta period. Several requests were made to add the ability to control font size, type, etc. Bob indicated they were hesitant to add full control, but planned to provide several different options for larger or headings, text, etc.

I see. Well at a minimum, they need to make the default size MUCH smaller!

Posts 1089
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 1:02 PM

Tim Taylor:

Fredc:

I see. Well at a minimum, they need to make the default size MUCH smaller!

I agree, as of now the only way I can see to use it on my iPad is to export to word. However the for size is huge (Sermon title is 36pt,Headings are 30pt, regular text is 16pt).

This tool has a TON of potential (I love that my sermons would be searchable), ideally it would be readable from the docs on the Logos mobile app. I can't wait to use it regularly, but not till it's more usable.

Posts 3979
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 1:40 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
This tool has a TON of potential (I love that my sermons would be searchable), ideally it would be readable from the docs on the Logos mobile app. I can't wait to use it regularly, but not till it's more usable.

This was pretty much the consensus during the beta period. They made some significant improvements when compared to the initial release, but a few more tweaks are needed to make it truly valuable. 

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:22 PM

Fredc:

This was pretty much the consensus during the beta period. They made some significant improvements when compared to the initial release, but a few more tweaks are needed to make it truly valuable. 

Agreed! Also if I may...

New Feature Suggestion!

It would save me TONS of time if on the sermon level, I could select the aspect ratio for all my slides in that sermon! For example, I am a pastor of 3 churches. 2 of those churches use projectors (4:3 aspect ratio), while the other one uses TV screens (16:9). I see that each slide can be changed manually, but what would be AWESOME is if I could simply change the aspect ratio on the entire sermon and be able to re-export all my slides to powerpoint depending on which church I will be preaching it at! :)

This would also be great for creating a projector version and a TV version of some of our best sermons so that we can have the powerpoint files ready to go no matter where we get invited to preach it at. Does that make sense?

Posts 790
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:41 PM

Tim Taylor:
It would save me TONS of time if on the sermon level, I could select the aspect ratio for all my slides in that sermon! For example, I am a pastor of 3 churches. 2 of those churches use projectors (4:3 aspect ratio), while the other one uses TV screens (16:9). I see that each slide can be changed manually, but what would be AWESOME is if I could simply change the aspect ratio on the entire sermon and be able to re-export all my slides to powerpoint depending on which church I will be preaching it at! :)

Changing the style of all the slides at once is a planned feature for an upcoming release.

Until then, if you change the first slide when you first open a sermon, it should use that slide as the new default for the rest of the sermon:

1. Click the slide next to the sermon title.
  2. Choose "Edit".
  3. The Media tool will open. Choose 16:9 aspect ratio.
  4. Click the "Update sermon" button in the Media toolbar.
  5. This is now the default style for slides in your sermon.

Also, if you use Proclaim, this is very easy to change after you export. 

Posts 107
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters (Work) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:53 PM

If you export your sermon to Proclaim and have a church group affiliated with your presentation group, you'll also get a church bulletin automatically created with the contents of your sermon! This will include anything marked with the handout style. Check out the bulletins tab on your church's Faithlife group to see what it looks like (make sure to hit Preview).

Here's a test sermon I created:

https://faithlife.com/example-community-church/bulletins/19689

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 6:37 PM

Eli Evans:

Changing the style of all the slides at once is a planned feature for an upcoming release.

Until then, if you change the first slide when you first open a sermon, it should use that slide as the new default for the rest of the sermon:

2. Choose "Edit".

Also, if you use Proclaim, this is very easy to change after you export. 

Yes Awesome!! You guys are the best! I'm super stoked about this Sermon Editor feature! This is going to save me so much time and enable me to serve my congregations more thoroughly. Keep up the good work!

Posts 1
Samuel Leiro | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 6:55 PM

How do I create a document in the Sermon Editor? Pretty sure I'm done updating.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 7:47 PM

Samuel Leiro:

How do I create a document in the Sermon Editor? Pretty sure I'm done updating.

Open Document Menu -> New -> Sermon

Posts 20
Randy Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:14 PM

Fredc:

It's too bad they were hesitant to add full control.  I realize it might be a huge undertaking.  But every pastor has their own preferred style of formatting that works for their unique needs.  One size definitely does not fit all.  The ability to create the manuscript, handout, and screen presentation in one step is a fantastic idea - so much better than creating 3 separate documents.  But if I have to export what I produce in the Sermon Editor into other programs so that I can format them, I may as well just produce them in those programs anyway.

Another helpful addition would be spell checking.  Since the presentation and handout are created for public consumption, I end up having to export to Word anyway just to make sure that my lousy typing doesn't result in distractions for the congregation while I'm preaching.  Sometimes a simple typo can be what prevents someone from hearing a key point in a sermon.

The Notes function offers font controls and spell checking, so it must be doable.  I'm hoping it will be seen as a worthwhile enhancement to make to a tool that has a whole lot of potential but is being limited by the lack of user control.

Posts 6
David Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:10 AM

Editing the font size, colors, format etc is a must if this feature is to be useful. Otherwise might as well stick with editing in Word or Pages. 

Posts 3979
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:53 AM

Randy Radke:
Another helpful addition would be spell checking.

Spellcheck was also discussed during the beta period. FL said this would be added in a future release.

Randy Radke:
The Notes function offers font controls and spell checking, so it must be doable.

FL will have to speak to this issue. I don't have the knowledge to argue for or against it. As a user I am for it.

Posts 974
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:36 AM

Eli Evans:

2. Choose "Edit".

Eli, will there be an option to have a default aspect ratio for ALL sermon slides?

Thanks!

Posts 790
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:44 AM

Eli Evans:

Aspect ratio is part of the style, so yes. 

Page 5 of 13 (257 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS