Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1879
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:09 AM

Mark Barnes:
So if I had Elijah as my filter, I could type in Mark 9, and the Bible Browser would scroll to the verses/pericopes in Mark 9 that mention Elijah.

In this example, what's the behavior if the reference you enter contains no "mentions" of the filter?

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 2950
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:34 AM

I think that this feature is going to be very, very popular. Smile

Posts 13144
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:44 AM

Donnie Hale:
In this example, what's the behavior if the reference you enter contains no "mentions" of the filter?

It does the best it can, and scrolls to the nearest place.

Posts 712
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:04 AM

Mark Barnes:
You need to look carefully at the filter. Susa and Hegai are in the Events section, not the People or Places sections. That means Susa is the setting for the event being referenced, and Hegai is a participant in that event. Both those things are true. If you want to restrict it to verses/pericopes that directly reference those people/places, you shouldn't filter by Settings or Participants, but by Places or People.

Hi Mark,

Yes, thank you for your information.  I caught on to that as I played with the verse/pericope views and various filters.  When I work in the verse view, I'm trying to find something specific, so I expect filter options to support only those objects in the verse.  When I need context (the options in the filter selector that aren't highlighted in the verse view) I use the pericope view.  

I do like that I am alerted to the context by this behavior, but it (or I) wasn't intuitive enough to see the value before getting confused/disappointed with the tool.  

I love this tool now and am already using it to prepare this week's Bible lesson.

Thank you Faithlife for the Bible Browser.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:20 AM

Don Awalt:

If I have a selection of verses up based on selecting a bible book, person, etc., and then I switch Bible translations, the right hand panel blanks and it looks as if it was going to refresh with the new translation, but it stays blank - and the choices I have made after "Start" are still there. It seems it should refresh with the new bible translation, or at a minimum reset back to start if it can't refresh - it has left things in an intermediate step. Does my explanation make sense?

I was able to reproduce your problem and created a case for it to be fixed. Thank you. 

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:24 AM

Tim Hensler:

While looking for Verse level results in LEB, I tried the filter: Old Testament: Esther, People: Vashti, Participants: Esther in LEB (see LEB support info below)

I was surprised to see Mordecai as a filter option - I don't see him in this verse.  I added him to the filter and the highlight results in the text did not change. (see image of results below). 

I also don't see Susa or Hegai in this verse, but they too are filter options.  When I add them to the filter they don't make a difference in the highlight results either.

I can see the potential for confusion. This is because the verse is part of a larger event in which these people are participating in. For specific references to people use the People facet.

Posts 1
Travis Reeves | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 12:57 PM

I am thankful to hear this... As I just noticed that the KJV was missing when I went to try this feature...  Please keep us posted, and keep up the good work, this product seems quite polished!

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Grayson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:46 AM

KJV has just been imported into the data set.  It should be available.  You may need to close and reopen the Bible Browser panel to have it regenerate its list of available resources.

Posts 2388
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:21 PM

Bill Cook:

I was looking forward to this feature. But, it has display issues. It truncates words in the middle, then displays the chapter verse grouping header and then displays the rest of the word in the next line.

The display issues should be improved in 7.0 SR-1.

Posts 5
Scott Worron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:21 PM

I know other Bibles are going to be added, but I see some screenshots from people where their Bible is the ESV or LEB, yet I don't see those as choices in my list.  Are those two supposed to be available yet?

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:43 PM

This has been answered in other threads. New versions of these Bible were released to the users. They will not appear in the Bible Browser until the database is updated.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1356
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:55 PM

Jacob Cerone:

To use the Bible Browser, navigate to the tools menu and select Bible Browser.

Jacob, does this thread belong in Logos 7 or does it belong in Logos Now?  I have the full Logos 7 feature set and don't see the Bible Browser in the Tools menu.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:57 PM

It's part of Logos Now Rick.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:35 AM

MJ. Smith:

This has been answered in other threads. New versions of these Bible were released to the users. They will not appear in the Bible Browser until the database is updated.

What does "database updated" mean?

I could swear I was working on the Bible Browser in ESV, this morning in fact, and then I went to check some other translations - when I clicked the drop down, there is no ESV or LEB any more! Where did they go?

Also - if I select NAB, I do not have all the sections - only 1 section shows in the left pane, "Reported Speech". Is that correct or should it have all the browsable sections like the other Bibles?

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:38 AM

I found a more complete explanation of "databases updated" from Bradley if others were confused as I was:

Bible Browser fetches results from a Faithlife server; if the server is using a different version of the Bible than your computer, then results will be incorrect or misaligned (as show in this screenshot: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129323/840733.aspx#840733). These updated Bibles will be temporarily unavailable in Bible Browser until the server data is updated. 

I am still wondering if the NAB only showing "Reported Speech" is the same issue or a different issue. Thanks.

Posts 21599
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 5:57 AM

Don Awalt:
Also - if I select NAB, I do not have all the sections - only 1 section shows in the left pane, "Reported Speech". Is that correct or should it have all the browsable sections like the other Bibles?

I don't see that

Please start a new thread regarding this so it can get individual attention

Posts 7909
LogosEmployee

Don Awalt:

Since NAB doesn't have a reverse interlinear, it can't support the sections that are based on word-level tagging (People, Places, Things). It should support all the tagging that is performed at a passage level: Events and Reported Speech, as well as Bible Books.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 7:49 AM

Thanks Bradley that makes sense!

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 8:11 AM

I was trying to show all references to Melchizedek in Hebrews with the Bible Browser. I thought I had narrowed the scope to Hebrews, yet with the ESV I get references to Genesis and Psalms in the results. This doesn't happen with the NIV. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 21599
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 8:19 AM

Hi Timothy

This looks like an instance of the problem discussed and recognised at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129786/845104.aspx#845104 

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS