Cost of Full Feature Set coming from older versions of Logos

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 316
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:28 AM

I am debating whether to keep Logos Now and subscribe or to purchase the FFS.

One question I have is if I decided to continue with LN, or cancel but not get a FFS, would the cost at the next update cycle be all that much more than today?  I am at Logos 6 and to go to 7 FFS is $129.67.  If I wait and decide when Logos 8 comes out I assume my cost then would be more expensive than if I came from Logos 7 to Logos 8.

I see that if you don't have any Logos package, Logos 7 FFS costs $540 alone or $404 with a package purchase. 

So do those coming from Logos 5 or 4 find that the FFS is significantly more expensive than coming from Logos 6?

Posts 5323
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:47 AM

Hi Bruce

Bruce Roth:

I see that if you don't have any Logos package, Logos 7 FFS costs $540 alone or $404 with a package purchase. 

So do those coming from Logos 5 or 4 find that the FFS is significantly more expensive than coming from Logos 6?

Only if they want to 'own' the Full Feature Set  - folk coming from 4 or 5 still have the chance to enrol in Logos Now - to them it will be like renting the whole suite for $100 dollars per year. A bargain looking at the payback time of four or five years.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:22 PM

That cost is because the Logos 7 Feature Set also includes features introduced in Logos 6. Someone coming from Logos 4 or 5 hasn't purchased the Logos 6 features yet, either.

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:37 PM

Bruce Roth:
One question I have is if I decided to continue with LN, or cancel but not get a FFS, would the cost at the next update cycle be all that much more than today? 

Assuming Faithlife does with Logos 8 what it has done with Logos 7, yes, you would find the cost has increased due to the content released since L7 was introduced (content that Logos Now users will get as it comes out).

If you buy the feature set now, then you will still have to pay to purchase new features when L8 comes out. That cost would be lower than for those who didn't purchase the features in L7.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:55 PM

The way I see it, is that for those with low funds issues, It seems that it may be worth grabbing a LN subscription, then gradually working on the base packages and owning the feature set throughout the year.

Posts 9
LogosEmployee
Jake Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 8:47 PM

Hi Bruce!

It sounds like you have a bit to consider before making your decision. Keep in mind that we will never make you purchase anything that you have already purchased from us so when Logos 8 eventually releases, if you choose to get the Full Feature Set, you will only pay for what is new. Keeping that in mind, a Logos Now Membership is not just a subscription to the Full Feature Set. A Logos Now Membership gives you access to exclusive member only discounts, member only features, a fantastic rotating catalog of Mobile Ed courses to enjoy, and early access to the new features that we haven't even created yet as soon as they are available! 

We have designed it so that either option over time will cost about the same, however we realize that membership models don't work for all of our users, and some users want to own and have all of the exclusive member only benefits! So in the end I would say follow your heart and we'll take care of you the whole way there!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS