BUG: parallel resources and multiview panel index choice

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 25 2016 12:46 PM

On the resource: John Chrysostom. Commentary on Saint John the Apostle and Evangelist: Homilies 1–47. Translated by Thomas Aquinas Goggin. Vol. 33. The Fathers of the Church. Washington, DC: The Catholic University of America Press, 1957.

How do I get parallel resources to show me parallels based on the John Chrysostom index rather than the Bible index? Similarly how do I get the multiview panel to use John Chrysostom rather than the Bible. I'd prefer to use series rather than individual titles as there are several multi-volume translations involved.

BUG: as Mark has documented below

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13141
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:18 PM

MJ. Smith:
How do I get parallel resources to show me parallels based on the John Chrysostom index rather than the Bible index?

There seems to be a bit of bug here. The menu is supposed to follow the datatype you've selected in the reference box. But this is what I see:

Note that the "All parallel resources" correctly limits the list to other references to that datatype, whilst the collection lists that datatype first, then matches the other datatype. It's possible, of course, that it's by design.

MJ. Smith:
Similarly how do I get the multiview panel to use John Chrysostom rather than the Bible. I'd prefer to use series rather than individual titles as there are several multi-volume translations involved.

This doesn't seem to be working. It's selecting all resources that match ANY of the datatypes, not just the one I have selected.

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:43 PM

Thanks for confirming Mark. That's what I was seeing and hoped was not a bug but lack of knowledge on my part. Bug my "all parallel resources" is worse than yours.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13141
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:52 PM

MJ. Smith:
Bug my "all parallel resources" is worse than yours.

Definitely a bug if the behaviour is not consistent.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS