upgrade from Logos 6, then downgrade

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 143
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:38 PM

Ok, here's a question:

I currently own Logos 6, plus 1000's of books.  If I purchase a Logos Now Membership, and then a year from now I cancel that membership, with the status of my Logos revert to the Logos 6 that I had before I purchased the membership?

I know I don't lose the books, and I understand that I would lose any of the features that come with Logos 7 or later, but my question is whether or not I would still have the features that I currently have in Logos 6.

Hope this is somewhat clear!

Posts 24758
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:41 PM
Yes - you would still have the features you currently have in Logos 6. Actually, from previous posts by Faithlife employees I think you would keep the Logos 7 engine as well but, as you note, you would lose some features
Posts 9576
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:45 PM

The only way to keep the features is to either keep your Logos Now membership or purchase the full feature set.

https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 29457
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:49 PM

Graham Criddle:
from previous posts by Faithlife employees I think you would keep the Logos 7 engine as well

The policy is that the engine is always free, and users should be updating to the newest engine when possible. The practice is that users purchasing a new base package (or having a Logos Now membership) gain access to the engine before everyone else. This cycle will seem a bit different than other years because the launch was earlier in the year. We have been told that the engine will be made available publicly in February. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:28 PM

Steven Baxley:
I currently own Logos 6, plus 1000's of books.  If I purchase a Logos Now Membership, and then a year from now I cancel that membership, with the status of my Logos revert to the Logos 6 that I had before I purchased the membership?

What you have now is what you will have after you cancel Now.

Steven Baxley:
my question is whether or not I would still have the features that I currently have in Logos 6.

What you have now (resources, datasets, features), you have purchased. They will always be yours.

So you can experiment with Logos Now for a year without any fear of losing anything you have now.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 143
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:29 PM

Thanks, everyone, this answers my question!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS