Adding a resource so that it appears in the "Multiple resources" list

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Fred Balliet | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 26 2016 8:53 AM

While the ESV is displaying 2 Thess 2:8, I select the "Multiple resources" tool and check "Show multiple resources". One of my purchased resources is GEP:HSLP "God’s Empowering Presence: The Holy Spirit in the Letters of Paul" by Gordon Fee, an excellent commentary on all the verses relating to the HS in the Pauline text. One of the verses discussed in GEP is 2 Thess 2:8, yet GEP:HSLP is not available as a resource. 

Q: How do I add resources so that they are available in the "Multiple resources" list?

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 9:00 AM

Fred Balliet:
While the ESV is displaying 2 Thess 2:8, I select the "Multiple resources" tool and check "Show multiple resources". One of my purchased resources is GEP:HSLP "God’s Empowering Presence: The Holy Spirit in the Letters of Paul" by Gordon Fee, an excellent commentary on all the verses relating to the HS in the Pauline text. One of the verses discussed in GEP is 2 Thess 2:8, yet GEP:HSLP is not available as a resource. 

God's Empowering Presence doesn't have the Bible milestones required. (This means that when using the resource, you can navigate by page number, but not by Bible reference.) As a result, it can't be used in parallel with a Bible.

Generally Faithlife tends to add these milestones to commentaries, but rarely to other books, but a good case could be made for making an exception here. But unless they do, you won't be able to add this resource to "Multiple resources", sorry.

Posts 23585
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 9:03 AM

Fred Balliet:
One of my purchased resources is GEP:HSLP "God’s Empowering Presence: The Holy Spirit in the Letters of Paul" by Gordon Fee, an excellent commentary on all the verses relating to the HS in the Pauline text. One of the verses discussed in GEP is 2 Thess 2:8, yet GEP:HSLP is not available as a resource. 

The multiview capability works with resources that are "versified" - such as Bibles or commentaries.

This resource doesn't have that indexing so isn't available to be selected in this tool.

Posts 6
Fred Balliet | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 10:11 AM

Thank you. That's too bad. It's a great commentary. A case could also be made for Gordon Fee's "Pauline Christology", which is also a verse by verse commentary on all the Pauline passages relating to Christ Jesus.

Posts 30137
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 12:18 PM

It is always worth reporting books that perhaps should have additional indices. Often Logos updates them.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS