Sermon Writer

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Dean H. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 26 2016 8:57 AM

Help! I just upgraded to Logos 7, I clicked on documents and I don't see the sermon writer icon at all.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.  I am on a Mac and I upgraded from Logos 6.

Posts 8010
LogosEmployee

It looks like you have purchased just a Platinum library, but no feature set.

See my post here for details on why you don't have the Logos 7 features and how to fix that: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129472/841280.aspx#841280 

Posts 21916
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 9:07 AM

Hi Dean Hsu - and welcome to the forums

Dean Hsu:
 I am on a Mac and I upgraded from Logos 6.

What upgrade package did you purchase?

Graham

EDIT: Please ignore, I didn't see Bradley's post before responding.

Posts 3
Dean H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 9:30 AM
This is like a hidden cost. I don't like it.... You guys are making this way to complex and difficult for customers. This is a great way to drive customers away. I am an Accordance user and I use Logos mainly because Logos has more resources, but this "feature set" thing is way to confusing. When I purchase a new base package, I expect everything to be in it.
Posts 297
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 9:59 AM

As I understand it, the price for a set is Library + Feature Set. Bronze or higher gives you the full feature set. If you just get Starter, you only get some tools. If you just purchase the library without the tools, you're not going to get any Logos 7 tools.

You can buy the library without the feature set by going to checkout and removing the full Feature set from your cart. But be aware you won't get the tools that way.

For example, I chose to spend an extra $17 for the Bronze library on top of the Starter but did not buy the full Bronze set. So I did not get the full feature set. My Logos 7 is Bronze Library + Starter Feature set. I did that, knowing I will have to buy the full feature set for $350 down the line (Or, if I upgrade to Silver, it will be part of that set).

If I understand it right, it's not a hidden cost. It's just that buying a package involves Library + Feature set. If we remove the feature set, it's cheaper but we don't get the tools.

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Ordinariate. Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 3
Dean H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 10:31 AM

David Wanat:
As I understand it, the price for a set is Library + Feature Set. Bronze or higher gives you the full feature set

Hi David, the problem is bronze or higher doesn't give you the full feature set.  You have to buy it separately.   Like you I am totally confused.  I am sure we are not the only ones.   Why make it so complex so that you can make another hundred dollar off your loyal customer???   They are pushing really hard to get people to join Logos Now.   This marketing tactic is not wise and it will just drive people away.  

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 10:51 AM

Dean,

I know Faithlife is aware that their new approach is confusing. I believe they are working on communicating better.

The terminology has changed and most of us didn't realize it. Base packages used to be library+features together. Now they are library (alone) plus features (alone). That is what you've learned.

For some, this change is a plus. They don't care about all the features, or they are Logos Now subscribers and don't need them. They are interested in resources (library) only and know base packages are the cheapest way to buy them. They are happy at the change.

For others, like you, this is a negative. It seems to inflate the cost of a base package.

I think FL has simply increased the options. One advantage is that base packages without the feature set are much cheaper than similar L6 packages were (where features and datatsets were included).

To be fair, FL has taken this new route as a result of changes made almost 2 years ago when they launched Logos Now. They are just giving you and I the option of buying features or renting them (via Logos Now). It isn't a matter of trying to get another hundred dollars out of you. It is about offering choices (confusing choices at this point) and pricing things fairly for everyone.

This may not feel comforting, but I don't think it's a profit-at-any cost move on Faithlife's part.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS