BUG: NABRE in Psalms Explorer

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 15
Chris | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 29 2016 5:09 PM

When I display Psalm 42 and Psalm 44 using the NABRE translation in the Psalms Explorer interactive, some of the NABRE text is missing.  All of the Hebrew text displays, but several verses of the NABRE text are missing.  All of my other translations do not have this issue--they display the complete text for both of these psalms.

Chris

Posts 36381
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:57 PM

bump as there has been no response

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1476
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 11:35 AM

I've filed an issue. I'm curious if anyone also notices issues in the NABRE reverse interlinear at this point?

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 15
Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 12:11 PM

Rick~

There is one other item I have noticed in the NABRE reverse interlinear.  It has to do with the alternate texts of the Septuagint in Daniel and Tobit.  I haven't looked through the entire book of Tobit yet, nor Susanna and Bel & the Dragon in Chapters 13 & 14 of Daniel to find if there are more issues.  But here are two items I have noticed in Daniel 13:24 and Tobit 1:1-2.

In Daniel 13:24, it appears that the underlying Greek text that is used is the one used for the LES; however, it seems that the NABRE translation used the same Greek text that the LES:Alternate used.  (In the NRSV, the reverse interlinear is correctly tied to the same Greek text as used in LES:Alternate).

For Tobit 1:1-2, it again appears to me that the alternate Greek text should be used.  In particular, in Tobit 1:1, the phrase "son of Raphael, son of Raguel" is in the NABRE translation, and so the reverse interlinear seems like it should referene the alternate Greek that does contain this phrase.  Similar in Tobit 1:2 with the phrases "and to the west" and "north of Phogor."  In the screenshot, I again included the NRSV which does have those phrases tagged in its reverse interlinear.

In case it is helpful: looking at the "Support Info" for the NABRE, I see the following:

LLS:NABRE
2016-03-10T02:20:28Z
NABRE.logos4

RVI:NABRENT
2016-03-10T01:28:54Z
NABRENT.lbsrvi

RVI:NABREGRKOTALT
NABREGRKOTALT.lbsrvi

RVI:NABREGRKOT
NABREGRKOT.lbsrvi

RVI:NABREHEBOT
NABREHEBOT.lbsrvi

So there seems to be a file that has the Greek alternate material.  But, I really don't know how it all works under-the-hood and so that may not matter.

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS