Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1022
David Carter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 30 2016 2:42 PM

I've been experimenting a little with filters in the Bible Browser and am unfortunately getting some ridiculous results. Here are just a couple of examples using the ESV (although various other Bibles seem to be producing the same results) and a Common Division of the Pauline Epistles:

Initially it opens with 2,032 results starting with Romans which is fine

However,adding the filter of People:Timothy causes it to go haywire, we suddenly have 2,081 results beginning with Acts:

Alternatively if I replace the filter of People:Timothy with Things:Body - but still with a Common Division of the Pauline Epistles -  we have 2,331 results beginning with Genesis and Exodus:

Clearly something is very wrong here.

Posts 25762
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2016 2:47 PM

This has been reported and acknowledged at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129786/845104.aspx#845104 

Posts 1022
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2016 5:05 PM

Graham Criddle:

This has been reported and acknowledged at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129786/845104.aspx#845104 

Not really. That's a problem in Revelation. Similar though.

Posts 23
Phil Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2016 5:21 PM

I am experiencing the same thing as you David.  As I select more criteria, my result set almost doubles instead of narrowing.

Posts 5038
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 8:07 AM

Has the browser been slow for everyone else?  My internet connection is pretty speedy but the browser seems to drag everytime I start it up or try to delete items from the sort

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 10:50 AM

Mattillo:

Has the browser been slow for everyone else?  My internet connection is pretty speedy but the browser seems to drag everytime I start it up or try to delete items from the sort

Yes, it's slow. Check to see if you have any visual filters enabled in that window. That helped a lot for me, going from unusable to merely slow. ;)

Donnie

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

David Carter:
However,adding the filter of People:Timothy causes it to go haywire, we suddenly have 2,081 results beginning with Acts:

This is now fixed.

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

Mattillo:
Has the browser been slow for everyone else?

We've shipped some speed improvements for Bible Browser; please try it again.

Posts 1022
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:58 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

David Carter:

This is now fixed.

Thanks, it is working as I expected it to now Yes

Posts 1022
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:59 PM

Mattillo:
Has the browser been slow for everyone else?

Much better now thanks, bordering on the "instant" in some searches

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 9:22 PM

You ain't kidding! Talk about a night and day difference. Thanks Bradley!

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS