Cannot add desired key topics to Sermon Editor

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 526
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 2 2016 5:20 AM

I was trying out the sermon editor, and wanted to add the key topic 'Church' on the sermon info, but could not.

There is a predefined list of topics, and that doesn't appear. More importantly, as well as many common topics which could be added, there will be topics which are specific to our ministry (culture, context, etc.) which will never appear on a Logos list of topics - I am therefore not able to list them in the key topics section, although I was able to do so in the topics field in the metadata table for sermons when creating a sermon personal book.

Could the addition of user-generated or private or community topics/fields please be considered for future development?

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently, they're limited to "topics" in the sense that is understood by the rest of the Library (like Topic Guide and Factbook). This lets us include your tagged sermons in Guides created for those topics:

In the meantime, you could consider adding additional cataloging comments in the Notes field. If we do add support for freeform tags, you could migrate those notes in the future.

Posts 526
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 11:32 AM

Thanks for your detailed screenshot, Jacob.

I've been coming from the point of view that Sermon Editor is a replacement, a much better one, for the sermon personal book file. I have to get used to the idea that I cannot navigate or search by topic in Sermon Editor like I was able to in the personal book. Would mytags be an option to consider here?

Posts 34356
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 1:48 PM

Note at the bottom on the header information is a Private Notes area with the instructions "Put additional cataloging information here". That is the current solution for data not included but required for backward compatibility - place and date, for example.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 526
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 2:41 PM

MJ. Smith:

Note at the bottom on the header information is a Private Notes area with the instructions "Put additional cataloging information here". That is the current solution for data not included but required for backward compatibility - place and date, for example.

Thanks MJ. I've been trying that, although it's a bit cluttered with some diverse pieces of information. But it works.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS