Chapter notes (before verse one) don't appear on these Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 78
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 7 2016 5:31 PM

I often make chapter notes as well as verse notes. Almost all of the Bibles I use, those appear but some do not, FYI

Without opening every single version I own, the ones I am seeing here where the ch notes to show are

New English Bible and Good News Bible

Right now working in Psalms, opened to Psa 51, so can't guarantee they act the same in other books of the Bible.

Posts 26999
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 6:35 PM

It would depend on exactly what you are doing and how the Bible is tagged as chapters, if one does not get into the actual Bible text, are unique to a Bible not part of a reference. If you post the title section of the notes along with the Bibles they do/don't appear in we may be able to figure out your precise case.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 78
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 6:46 PM

Thanks MJ,

I have two note files that I use everyday, three, Translation Notes, General Notes, and RCL Daily Notes. The translation one is the one I put suggestions for me so that when we get to a passage, I've already met some of the issues and had opinions on them for our project.

Is that the information you wanted?

I changed the attachment points on one verse from 1Ti 5.1 to 1Ti 5 and the Good News Bible shows the note icon, so that was a little test I did to see how GNB performs in other books.

My guess is the book of Psalms is the issue. I just clicked on other Bibles and here is what I found. A chapter note shows on all Bibles except (for me) GNB, Tanakh, NEB.

I use UBS paratext for translation and it is a simple thing to add a note before verse 1, so my guess is that this is not difficult, it's just a matter of Logos looking in the guts of the text of those Bible I just mentioned, at least for Psa.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS