Sermon Editor Fixes (Suggestions)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 10 2016 1:12 AM

I recommend making Sermon Editor more Mac friendly.

- When exporting to Power Point, it doesn't open Power Point on my Mac OS, but rather launches Parallel's virtual machine software to open Windows.

- Enable exporting to Mac OS Keynote and Pages.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 4:05 AM

Jason Saling - www.NapavineBaptist.com:

- When exporting to Power Point, it doesn't open Power Point on my Mac OS, but rather launches Parallel's virtual machine software to open Windows.

Parallels configuration defaults to "use Windows apps like they are native to Mac"

Parallels knowledge base article about Coherence => http://kb.parallels.com/en/4670

+1 Yes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1480
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 1:31 PM

You can change the default application that opens your .pptx-Files. In Mac just right click on a PowerPoint file that you are ready have, and then click on GET INFO. Went you're in the Get Info  box, scroll to the OPEN WITH area, then choose the Mac version of Microsoft Office PowerPoint instead of the Windows version. From that point on your Mac Logos will open these exported files and the native Mac version of Office. 

You may need to do this for your Microsoft Word files to, as well as your Microsoft Excel files. Once I installed Office in parallels it set itself up as the default resource for all Microsoft related files. 

I had the same problem and it drove me crazy until I researched it and figured out the fix. It was actually quite aggravating!! Ugh! 

Hope this helps. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 1480
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 1:31 PM

PS: Welcome to the forums! :-) 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS