Triggering a Factbook or Topic Guide Query

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 13 2016 3:44 PM

I keep thinking that if I select something, eg. “Councils of Carthage” that I should be able to trigger either a Factbook or Topic Guide query. Selecting a single word offers 6 possibilities in the context menu. Selecting more than one word offers only wikipedia. Strange that I am basically sent outside of my library.

I remember raising this issue years ago. 

Posts 26590
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 3:15 PM

Damian McGrath:
I keep thinking that if I select something, eg. “Councils of Carthage” that I should be able to trigger either a Factbook or Topic Guide query.....Selecting more than one word offers only wikipedia.

If I select that phrase in a resource I get Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church (ODCC) + Wikipedia when I click Headword in the context menu, otherwise I only get Wikipedia if I click Selection. Without a resource like ODCC, I think I would only get Wikipedia.

A Factbook or Topic Guide query on the phrase also produces ODCC, but other results are external to my library.

So I would have expected Selection (in the context menu) to also trigger a Factbook and Topic Guide query (irrespective of where the results came from).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 952
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 2:37 PM

Damian McGrath:

I keep thinking that if I select something, eg. “Councils of Carthage” that I should be able to trigger either a Factbook or Topic Guide query. Selecting a single word offers 6 possibilities in the context menu. Selecting more than one word offers only wikipedia. Strange that I am basically sent outside of my library.

I remember raising this issue years ago. 

I'm inclined to agree: i'll file a case.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 5:49 PM

Thanks Sean.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS