As others have reported, my Logos 6 software is crashing for no apparent reason

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 56
Geoff Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 16 2016 11:07 AM

After actively working in the software for a few minutes, I get a software crash message which only gives me the option of closing the application. This problem only began this week. I hadn't opened Logos in over a week before last Wednesday, but I did not have this symptom the last time I used it. Now it happens every time I work in Logos.7607.0218.LogosError.zip

Posts 27450
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 11:48 AM

For clarification: Did you grab these logs after the crash, but before reopening? I don't see a crash in the logs.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 12:00 PM

Geoff Johnson:

After actively working in the software for a few minutes, I get a software crash message which only gives me the option of closing the application. This problem only began this week. I hadn't opened Logos in over a week before last Wednesday, but I did not have this symptom the last time I used it. Now it happens every time I work in Logos.7607.0218.LogosError.zip

As alabama says, there's no crash in the logs. Some crashes are only recorded in the event viewer. If that's the case for you, this post explains how to get the information we need: How to use event viewer to diagnose Logos crashes

Posts 56
Geoff Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 12:27 PM

Yes, these are the log files that were created up to the point of the crash and before I tried again. Every time I work with the software, it crashes. So it won't be a problem to check the event log once I get back home. The reason I can't get on the phone is that I am at work away from my PC during the day and then have small children that need my attention until after your tech support closes.  So when I get a chance to get back in front of my PC, I'll look in the event logs and tell you what I find.

Posts 27450
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 2:24 PM

Sounds good. I certainly understand the children issue. Smile

Posts 56
Geoff Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 8:15 PM

The Event Log was helpful in pointing to a video tool that runs in the background and automatically records certain types of apps (games to be specific -- the app is Play.TV). Although there is no indication that the app ever recorded a Logos session, it was apparently doing something that adversely affected the Logos 6 software. I quit the app using the taskbar's background task management tool, and afterward have not experienced the crash even though I've been scrolling around and actively clicking for a couple of hours.

Here is the entry info that led me to suspect the video recording app:

Faulting application name: Logos.exe, version: 6.14.0.53, time stamp: 0x57b75a82
Faulting module name: ltc_game64-116096.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x57cf505f
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000000000000319b
Faulting process id: 0x2fec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d20ef5fbeb5e44
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Geoff\AppData\Local\Logos4\System\Logos.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~2\RAPTRI~1\PlaysTV\ltc_game64-116096.dll
Report Id: 3b2bb4cb-b314-434c-a49c-aede4f0aea32
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 2:36 AM

Geoff Johnson:
Here is the entry info that led me to suspect the video recording app:

Your analysis seems correct. Video tools like this one work by installing drivers in the graphics stack, and it looks like that driver is causing the crash. It may be worth reporting the problem to Play.TV or at least seeing if they have an updated version.

Posts 27450
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 5:13 AM

Mark Barnes:
Your analysis seems correct.

...In which case, "the same problem" isn't "the same problem!" Stick out tongue Smile

Posts 56
Geoff Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 5:52 AM

Based on the descriptions in the posts, it was the same problem -- unexplained crashes after only a few minutes of work -- but possibly not the same cause.  And since I don't know what is or was happening for the others who posted, I can't say with certainty it wasn't the same cause. In fact, I would be surprised it I am the only Logos user who also has the Plays.TV app on my system and therefore the only person affected by this situation.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS