All my Personal books are gone?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 542
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 17 2016 10:38 AM
Hi All.. 4 days ago I got hit by a nasty Ransom Ware virus and I had to reload my PC from scratch.. I have backblaze backups.. I got Logos installed but now when I try and open any of my personal books I get "Required License not found" I went into by BackBlaze backups and restored   C:\Users\Rodney\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\pvzwgcgn.bwe\ResourceManager\Resources To the new location C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\gzdgwgcgn.bwe\ResourceManager\Resources Restarted Logos.. But still get the same error message when I try and open any of my PB. I hope I have not lost them all..  I had a lot..  And thought I had the proper backups in place? Any help would be appreciated..
Posts 1088
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 10:55 AM

did you open the pbb tool and try to edit any of the books?

If you can open the tool then edit the source file highlight the right file and rebuild the book.

That should work.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 542
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 11:00 AM

I did not keep or backup any of the source(.doc) files as it was my understanding I dont need to as long as I had the above backup?

Posts 11149
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 12:26 PM

Rodney Phillips:

I did not keep or backup any of the source(.doc) files as it was my understanding I dont need to as long as I had the above backup?

You could put the compile PB files into a folder or onto a USB stick/thumbdrive and the scan it - i.e. if the PB files are on a stick mounted by Windows as drive E:\ you would type the command Scan E:\ into the command bar (seeing Logos recognize it makes sure it will run). In former times one had to restart Logos to have that done on startup, I think this has been waived and it will scan the PBs during normal operation.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 23637
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 12:44 PM

Rodney Phillips:

Mick's advice should get your resources back but I would recommend keeping backups of the .docx files in the future

Posts 542
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 4:56 PM

Thanks Mick.  That did the trick.. 

Posts 11149
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 10:55 AM

Rodney Phillips:

Thanks Mick.  That did the trick.. 

Glad to hear that!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS