How to use the forums

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 21 2016 8:11 AM

Th community that makes up the forum has been great about answering questions. But I want to learn "how to fish" myself. I don't want to always be asking members how to do something, especially if my question has already been answered.

I'd like to know how to conduct a search on in the forum for some specific question/problem. Perhaps someone has already supplied an answer but how do I look for it? I've gone to the forum and used the General section. In the search box I've tried to phrase my question. But it either looks for every word I used or, if I put it into quotes, it can't find the exact quote so I'm no where. What is does return is hundreds or thousands of pages that might contain my answer but I don't have the time to go through them all.

How am I supposed to use forum to find my own answers?  I saw somewhere that google was used  for these searches but don't know how to blend google and logos to get my answer. 

Posts 22860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 8:18 AM

Pat Browne:
How am I supposed to use forum to find my own answers?  I saw somewhere that google was used  for these searches but don't know how to blend google and logos to get my answer. 

Hopefully https://wiki.logos.com/Using_the_Forum#Searching_the_forum_using_Google should help

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 9:07 AM

Google site searches are amazing. It's my go-to search for anything in Logos.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 995
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 9:19 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Google site searches are amazing. It's my go-to search for anything in Logos.

Yes +1 Me Too! 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS