Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 22 2016 8:40 AM

I'm working in Mark 2:11 where there are a sting of three imperatives Jesus gives to the paralytic after healing. The aspect changes from Present to Aorist and back to Present in the imperative string. If I build a morph query looking for three imperatives verbs in a single verse that agree in Person and Tense, there are 25 verses that fit that criteria. I don't know how to build a query that specifics that the middle of the three imperatives NOT agree with the tense of the other two imperatives. I want that middle imperative to exist, but not agree in tense. I know when I turn off the Agree / Tense constraint for the middle imperative, the hit count climbs to 45 verses.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 9:35 AM

You can do disagreements as well as agreements. Choose "Agreement", then change "Agree" to "Disagree".

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 10:28 AM

Thanks Mark! I wouldn't expect that value to toggle only after being specified. It strikes me as more consistent for Disagreement to be one of the initial selections from the Add Constraint pop-up.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 12:44 PM

Clint Cozier:
It strikes me as more consistent for Disagreement to be one of the initial selections from the Add Constraint pop-up.

"Agreement" is supposed to be a generic term, of which "Agree" and "Disagree" are types. So when you chose "Agreement" you then have to choose between "Agree" and "Disagree", with the default as "Agree".

But I agree that it's non-obvious the first time.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS