D.A. Carson Logos 7 Exclusive Bundle (49 vols.)

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 24 2016 4:43 AM

Anyone know what's in this bundle ?

https://www.logos.com/upgrade-offers 

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 4:50 AM

Add it to the cart and while in the cart click on the link to it and you'll be able to see the content.

Edit: Here's the link:

https://www.logos.com/product/127644/da-carson-logos-7-exclusive-bundle 

wow, $195 for 14 new volumes. Not bad, but I can wait on those.

DAL

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 5:44 AM

Another kick in the teeth to long time users.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 9402
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 5:47 AM

Alex Scott:

How is that a kick in the teeth Alex. I too am a long-term user and don't understand what you are saying.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 5:51 AM

Alex Scott:

If you already upgraded then call a sales rep so you can get the actual upgrade price customized for you. For me it shows $337, but if I add a base package it shows $195. If I wanted the $195 price without adding another upgrade I would just have to call sales and tell them I already upgraded and they would give me the lower price. A bit of a hassle but better than nothing.

Unless you mean something else by "another kick in the teeth" then I don't know what to tell you 😬 

DAL

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 5:53 AM

Well, it's coming up as 1182.99 prior to any discounts.  For me, it comes up as 883 with dynamic pricing.

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 686
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 6:26 AM

Cynthia in Florida:

Well, it's coming up as 1182.99 prior to any discounts.  For me, it comes up as 883 with dynamic pricing.

It's an upgrade offer, so presumably it's tied to an upgrade purchase. Did you have a Logos base library in your cart when you looked at the price?

Posts 1502
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 6:44 AM

Cynthia in Florida:

I see the same $1182.99 before discounts, but still a whopping $1037.08 (cough, cough) after discounts.  Oy Vey!  I really enjoy Carson and would love to add some of his works to my library, but this bundle is far more than my donkey can carry.

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 6:50 AM

James McAdams:

Cynthia in Florida:

It's an upgrade offer, so presumably it's tied to an upgrade purchase. Did you have a Logos base library in your cart when you looked at the price?

Ahhh...I see.

My next package up would be diamond, so If I add that after diamond it's 522.00

Cynthia

Posts 23582
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 7:08 AM

Cynthia in Florida:

You get - I believe - the same level of discount if you go for one of the denominational starter packages.

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 7:20 AM

DAL:
$195 for 14 new volumes. Not bad, but I can wait on those.

If you're anything like me, most of those new volumes might actually be written by other people. Of the 8 volumes I'm missing, only three were written by Carson. Three more were edited by him, and the other two were collections of essays which included one essay from him.

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 7:24 AM

Graham Criddle:

Cynthia in Florida:

You get - I believe - the same level of discount if you go for one of the denominational starter packages.

Or like I said before (which is way better), call a sales rep and tell them you have already upgraded and they will give you the lowest price that applies to you; which in Cynthia's case it would be the $522 There's no need to buy more upgrades, unless one wants to.

DAL

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 8:11 AM

DAL:

Graham Criddle:

Cynthia in Florida:

Or like I said before (which is way better), call a sales rep and tell them you have already upgraded and they will give you the lowest price that applies to you; which in Cynthia's case it would be the $522 There's no need to buy more upgrades, unless one wants to.

DAL

AHHHH...THAT makes perfect sense.  Thanks DAL.

Cynthia

Posts 11106
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 8:47 AM

Graham Criddle:

Cynthia in Florida:

Which is the road I'd go - but note that in many cases Bronze may give much more value for only a fistful of dollars more.

For me, even with Dynamic Pricing and the L7 discount, the DA Carson bundle was too steep. But I just picked up Orthodox Bronze plus the NT Wright collection (okay, only two of his books had remained) for about $50.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 2:32 PM

Mark Barnes:

DAL:
$195 for 14 new volumes. Not bad, but I can wait on those.

If you're anything like me, most of those new volumes might actually be written by other people. Of the 8 volumes I'm missing, only three were written by Carson. Three more were edited by him, and the other two were collections of essays which included one essay from him.

Yes, I noticed it too, that's why I'm passing on them.  I may just take the plunge to Baptist platinum because of MacArthur's sermons and David Platt sermons.  I wish Carson's sermons were ready and included  I would definitely jump in for $195 if that was the case 😁 

I love standard platinum because of Christianity today magazine but for $247 I'm still having second thoughts about hermeneia and the dictionary of classical Hebrew.  I'm not sure how useful those will be.

DAL

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 3:33 PM

DAL:

Add it to the cart and while in the cart click on the link to it and you'll be able to see the content.

Edit: Here's the link:

https://www.logos.com/product/127644/da-carson-logos-7-exclusive-bundle 

wow, $195 for 14 new volumes. Not bad, but I can wait on those.

DAL

Thanks DAL, and others for your helpful comments. For me without being tied to a base package it's $168 and when tied to a base package it's only $99 for 7 titles.  Must have picked up too much Carson on those March Madness salesSmile

Hmm.  Three of those are compiled writings.

One of those,The Gospel as Center: Renewing Our Faith and Reforming Our Ministry Practices from what I understand is most of the Gospel Coalition Booklets brought together in one book (https://vyrso.com/products/search?Genre=Ministry&Genre_Ministry=Pastoral+Resources&Publisher=Crossway ) . I own all of the Vyrso booklets but this would have advantage of much better tagging than those booklets.

Of the others written by Carson I have Praying with Paul: A Call to Spiritual Reformation previously available under a different title: "A Call to Spiritual Reformation: Priorities from Paul and His Prayers" (SPTREFPAUL.lbxlls) but it would be presumably a newer Logos4 format file rather than the older libronix file.

Of the 7 books, four of them I can get dynamically priced in the Crossway Carson collection for $58...

• Jesus the Son of God: A Christological Title Often Overlooked, Sometimes Misunderstood, and Currently Disputed
  • Love in Hard Places
  • Here Is Our God: God’s Revelation of Himself in Scripture (Compiled Writing)
  • The Gospel as Center: Renewing Our Faith and Reforming Our Ministry Practices (Compiled Writing)

that means effectvely paying $41 for:

• The Enduring Authority of the Christian Scriptures
  • Praying with Paul: A Call to Spiritual Reformation
  • Engaging the Doctrine of God: Contemporary Protestant Perspectives (Compiled Writing)

NB.Mick:

Graham Criddle:

Cynthia in Florida:

Which is the road I'd go - but note that in many cases Bronze may give much more value for only a fistful of dollars more.

For me, even with Dynamic Pricing and the L7 discount, the DA Carson bundle was too steep. But I just picked up Orthodox Bronze plus the NT Wright collection (okay, only two of his books had remained) for about $50.

Spot on Mick in regards to Denominational Bronze Packages.  I  am missing the three resources from the NT Wright Bundle but as one these is part of Anglican  Silver and above and another Anglican Diamond and above and I have my eye on Anglican Portfolio for Bible Speaks Today Old Testament Commentary Series I think I'l hold off that collection.

DAL:
Yes, I noticed it too, that's why I'm passing on them.  I may just take the plunge to Baptist platinum because of MacArthur's sermons and David Platt sermons.  I wish Carson's sermons were ready and included  I would definitely jump in for $195 if that was the case 😁 

Was hoping the sermon archive was included also DAL.  Baptist Platinum is tempting because of those archives particularly at $165 but then Baptist Diamond is only $176 for me so I'll probably pull the trigger on that soon, it just a matter of whether I add the Carson bundle.. 

The Carson bundle  is not a clear cut choice. Hmm

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 4:16 AM

Milage varies but I am finding that three of these resources are new to me in the Reformed starter (together with considerable Stott and Sproul). This has been in my cart all month.

If I used that was the qualifying base package then I would be buying three resources twice, since they are in different bundles. Is the cart sophisticated enough for this?

BTW. Calling sales is never an option ... and emailing sales is unlikely to elicit a relevant response at any point in the near future! 

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 4:22 AM

BTW. My logos website price is $312 but when I add it to my basket then it is reduced to $185. The lower price is only visible in the cart with a base package. It took me a long time to work this out Embarrassed and I just wondered if I am unique!

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 4:26 AM

... just answered my own question!

I swapped out the reformed starter and replaced it with the SDA starter (no Carson). The price on the Carson bundle did not change. Therefore I presume that ordering these in this combination will result in a double purchase of the books.

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 9:13 AM

FWIW: Purchasing the Reformed starter first, for me, reduced the Carson bundle by $55. The Reformed starter was $72 and was in my sights at any rate. It is an example of where buying the bundle with the biggest discount first helps with subsequent purchases, rather than buyng everything n one big lump.

I might contact sales ... and see if I can now get the Carson bundle, or I might look again at the Anglican starter, which was also reduced by the reformed purchase ... somehow I always seem to find ways to convince myself to buy more under the guise of saving money Hmm

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS