Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28243
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 2 2016 9:32 AM

I understand that many users really enjoy the preview items. I also understand that it is a good marketing tool for FL... However, Sometimes I get to the point where I think it would be worth NOT SUBSCRIBING TO LOGOS NOW just to keep the dumb temporary resources from downloading. Please create an opt out feature for those of us who would prefer not to preview resources. This could be a "preference" within the software which prevents the download, or a toggle in the user's account preferences. Thank you. 

HERE IS A USERVOICE suggestion to vote for this. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10783
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 10:00 AM

Alabama, you nailed that one. I knew about the free not-my-religion preview books.  I already don't download the free ones.

But 136?  When I saw that, the phrase 'whew, dodged that bullet' came to mind very quickly. I guess phrases like that aren't so good these days.  

Anyway, yep, NOW would definitely be off the table.  That'd be a real nightmare if Amazon.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1141
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 11:32 AM

alabama24:

I understand that many users really enjoy the preview items. I also understand that it is a good marketing tool for FL... However, Sometimes I get to the point where I think it would be worth NOT SUBSCRIBING TO LOGOS NOW just to keep the dumb temporary resources from downloading. Please create an opt out feature for those of us who would prefer not to preview resources. This could be a "preference" within the software which prevents the download, or a toggle in the user's account preferences. Thank you. 

HERE IS A USERVOICE suggestion to vote for this. 

I voted for it even though I don't subscribe to NOW because it is one of the main reasons I don't go for NOW.  Treasure to some, glut to me.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 11:41 AM

alabama24:

Please create an opt out feature for those of us who would prefer not to preview resources. This could be a "preference" within the software which prevents the download, or a toggle in the user's account preferences.

Thank you! And my sentiments exactly. The previous previews weren't too bothersome and I mostly ignored them, but 130+ resources for a 30-day window is head-shaking. I need to divert votes from somewhere to support this suggestion.

Posts 13392
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 12:10 PM

It is possible to subscribe to the Logos Cloud feature set (getting all of Logos Now tools), without getting Logos Now. That means you don't get the preview resources and discounts, but it saves you $10. 

Posts 3553
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 12:34 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

I need to divert votes from somewhere to support this suggestion.

All my votes are tied up with more pressing requests, or I'd support the suggestion. We really need more than 10 votes :)

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 28243
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 6:57 PM

Mark Barnes:
It is possible to subscribe to the Logos Cloud feature set

I don't see this. 

Mark Barnes:
That means you don't get the preview resources and discounts, but it saves you $10. 

It's identical except for those two things? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4723
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 12:18 AM

alabama24:
I think it would be worth NOT SUBSCRIBING TO LOGOS NOW just to keep the dumb temporary resources from downloading. Please create an opt out feature for those of us who would prefer not to preview resources. This could be a "preference" within the software which prevents the download, or a toggle in the user's account preferences. Thank you. 

I am with you here Alabama - however, perhaps Faithlife could make a change to their advantage?

Instead of an automatic download perhaps a web page that would allow us to select the previews individually.

Creating such a facility would mean that folk would be positively involved in the selection and Faithlife would have space to explain why a resource might be worth having a look at. Having made the decision to download (which I would not do unless I wanted to examine the goods) I would be more inclined to purchase later. At the moment these resources tend to come and go without my noticing much.

I would visit the page early in the month as I am keen to get the best value for my subscription and the chance to browse would be welcome.

Posts 13392
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 12:35 AM

alabama24:

Mark Barnes:
It is possible to subscribe to the Logos Cloud feature set

I don't see this. 

Mark Barnes:
That means you don't get the preview resources and discounts, but it saves you $10. 

It's identical except for those two things? 

https://www.logos.com/product/124703/logos-cloud-feature-set

Those are the only advertised differences. But it means you wouldn't get the discount on L7 libraries, which is why I don't normally mention it. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS