My first search for a hebrew word always brings me to יָקַע

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 5 2016 5:30 AM

Dear all,

I don't know if you experience the same thing, but if I start looking for a word from a Hebrew tekst, first the link brings me to this item. Then the next word it is found in the dictionary. I wonder if this issue could be solved. Further I appreciate Logos very much, only this is a bit annoying.

Blessings,

Piet

Posts 24012
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 5:34 AM

Hi Piet

Sorry but I don't understand what you are describing.

Please clarify - ideally with some screenshots

Graham

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:58 AM

Hi Graham,

Whenever I start searching for the meaning by right clicking on a hebrew word and then click on the dictionary of my choice I am led to this word.

You see what happened after I right clicked on this word. Then I choose to look it up in the dictionary

And here is where I end up in HAL:

The following searches always are right, but the first one always brings me here.

I can live with it, but is it necessary? It could be a mistake in my account, but I assume that more people experience the same problem. For me it happens on more than one computer.

Greetings,

Piet

Posts 2461
LogosEmployee

Piet Huttenga:

It looks like the first time you have selected the root word on the right side of the context menu popup, rather than the lemma (which is what you have selected the second time).

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 11:24 AM

Yes, I saw it, but it does not affect the situation.  (The second choice was the right one.) Always when I right click on a dictionary lemma, it will bring me the first time to the same word.

But you have a good eye!

Blessings,

Piet

Posts 2461
LogosEmployee

Piet Huttenga:

Yes, I saw it, but it does not affect the situation.  (The second choice was the right one.) Always when I right click on a dictionary lemma, it will bring me the first time to the same word.

But you have a good eye!

Blessings,

Piet

Oh, I see. My mistake, as you can't even do a lookup if you are on the Root item. Sorry about that.

Can you tell me if HAL is already open the first time you do the lookup (for example because it was loaded as part of a layout)? Also, which Hebrew Bible are you using? Please provide the three lines of Support Info on the information page for that resource.

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 12:29 PM

Hi Andrew,

It does not matter which Hebrew bible, LHI, BHS etc, and it does not matter which lexicon or dictionary. The first search will bring me to that word.

Blessings,

Piet

Posts 2461
LogosEmployee

Do you have any other panels open when this problem occurs? If so, which ones, and are any in a link set?

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 2:11 PM

I have several open with a link set, among which several Hebrew dictionaries. I will try without others open.

Thank you,

Piet

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 2:12 PM

I have several open, will try now with only the bible and one dictionary.

Thank you,

Piet

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 2:31 PM

Yes, that fixes the issue. I will unlink dictionaries and see what will happen in my layout.

Thank you very much, this seems to be the solution,

Piet

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 2:38 PM

Well, it does not seem to be the solution, since the links were handy. So I hope that a solution will be found.

Thank you for your help,

Piet

Posts 2461
LogosEmployee

Which is the other dictionary that causes the problem?

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:39 PM

At the moment I am very busy and I don't know, but I will try to check it out later. Thank you very much for your good questions, Andrew.

Blessings,

Piet

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 11:34 PM

Piet Huttenga:
Well, it does not seem to be the solution, since the links were handy. So I hope that a solution will be found.

MultiView may be part of the solution since the other resource(s) in MultiView follow navigation changes in the primary. In a link set, a navigation change is received by a resource, location changes, and updated location published for other resource(s) in link set.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 10:01 AM

It might be a solution, but it will cost a lot. I think that I would prefer a solution which would be free.

Blessings,

Piet

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 1:04 PM

Piet Huttenga:

It might be a solution, but it will cost a lot. I think that I would prefer a solution which would be free.

Multiview is included in Logos 7 Starter Feature Set and Verbum 7 Starter Feature Set Another option is Logos Cloud subscription.

Personally have Logos Now membership that includes Multiview.

Logos 7 free core engine is scheduled for Feb 2017 release, but not know what will be included. Noticed Multiview price is $ 0.00 in Feature Set.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS