L4 Crashed after most recent update

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:38 AM

Greetings, I am writing with hope that someone can help me.  My L4 crashed Tuesday night 03/09 after my L4 started downloading the update.  I've tried everything.  L4 starts and shows the home page minus the articles and then the crash report window appears.  My L4 was working fine until last night.  I've not added any software just the auto upgrade.  I have a major presentation Wednesday.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

The Technorev

Posts 29789
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:46 AM

What is you operating system? Can you post logs for us to examine? Do you have a system rollback point to which you can retreat? If it were me, I'd try a rollback first.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2733
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:50 AM

firstly, can you grab the logs from your documents folder, zip and attatch them for the techies

then can you try starting Logos with your CTRL key pressed immediately you click the shortcut until the window opens.

try working offline, if that works, great

restart and retry normally, if that doesnt work, hopefully the logs will help the  techies

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 25886
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 5:29 PM

MJ. Smith:
What is you operating system? Can you post logs for us to examine?

See Diagnostic Logging  and  Uploading Logs

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 47
Dean J. Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 9:08 AM

I experienced a similiar problem.  One day Logos is functioning wonderfully, the next day trials and tribulations.  After speaking to technical support the suggestion was to run msconfig and disable all services and startup files.  Logos 4 was working again.  The suggestion was to systematically re-enable each file and try to locate te problem.  I found the problem with Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0.  With everything else enabled and this individual file disabled, Logos 4 appears to be running fine at this point.  We shall see if life is wonderful in the days ahead.  Hopefully the future update will address whatever the conflict is in the near future.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS