Faithlife: Please break up the C.S. Lewis collection!

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 12
Gary Graham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 10:43 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Its nice to hear from someone official, even if its not the answer I wanted. (but it was the answer I expected)  Smile

Posts 11
Ron Baughman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 6:14 PM

Nothing about Logos infuriates me more than this topic.  Lately I’ve been getting emails promoting discounts on the CSL sets.  If I wanted the damned set I’d buy the damned set.  I have a shelf full of hard copies.  I want to be able to use Logos to read and search some of these.  I”ll buy them individually... like I could with Kindle.... one at a time, but I’m NOT buying the full set at once just because some pinhead is so greedy they won’t let users buy what they want instead of an excessive number in a collection.  

Like I said, this infuriates me.  Stop sending me the “discount” on the collection.  

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 6:23 PM

Ron Baughman:

Nothing about Logos infuriates me more than this topic.  Lately I’ve been getting emails promoting discounts on the CSL sets.  If I wanted the damned set I’d buy the damned set.  I have a shelf full of hard copies.  I want to be able to use Logos to read and search some of these.  I”ll buy them individually... like I could with Kindle.... one at a time, but I’m NOT buying the full set at once just because some pinhead is so greedy they won’t let users buy what they want instead of an excessive number in a collection.  

Like I said, this infuriates me.  Stop sending me the “discount” on the collection.  

I understand your frustration, but cursing 🤬 won’t get the set broken up for individual sale any faster.

And if the set is “damned” then why in the world would you want to read “damned” material anyway? 😜

DAL

Posts 11
Ron Baughman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 6:30 PM

To me it’s damned AS A SET.  I believe it’s Satan himself that controls that decision.  

I really doubt C.S. Lewis would have wanted it that way.  If that were the case, then you’d only be able to buy the hard copies in sets.  You’d only be able to buy them from Amazon in sets.

I don’t buy - for one second - that Faithlife couldn’t negotiate a better deal to market to Christians if they wanted to.  Something has gotten in the way.  I‘d really like to hear the truth.

Posts 3001
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 7:44 PM

Ron Baughman:

To me it’s damned AS A SET.  I believe it’s Satan himself that controls that decision.  

I really doubt C.S. Lewis would have wanted it that way.  If that were the case, then you’d only be able to buy the hard copies in sets.  You’d only be able to buy them from Amazon in sets.

I don’t buy - for one second - that Faithlife couldn’t negotiate a better deal to market to Christians if they wanted to.  Something has gotten in the way.  I‘d really like to hear the truth.

You shouldn't make assumptions like that. Publishers have a lot of power and then throw resellers like Amazon in the mix and you have a recipe for just this very thing.

More likely than not, it is probably something like the contract Amazon has with the publisher keeps other resellers from going in direct competition with them. Amazon and even Apple have been known to do this.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 11
Ron Baughman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 5:37 PM

I give up on Logos/Faithlife on this topic.  I just bought a copy of Mere Christianity in an ebook format from Barnes and Noble.  Now that I have an iPad Pro I can put logos and their nook app on the screen side by side.  Or on the PC for that matter. I stand by earlier comments.  I think this is the most irritating thing about Logos.  Especially since they send me the occasional email promoting sale of the set....  The B&N version was only about $8.  And yes, I’ll be buying more from them and less from logos.

Posts 4913
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 6:08 PM

Ron Baughman:
 I believe it’s Satan himself that controls that decision.  

I've had my frustrations with Logos / Faithlife over the years.  At time's I have even been unfair in what I have said because I've allowed that frustration to rule.  But to suggest Satan is controlling this decision... WOW.  I am not sure whose decision you are implying is being controlled by Satan whether it be Faithlife, the publisher or someone else, but all I can say is WOW that's a big frustration.

I hope you can get through this frustration and continue to grow in the knowledge and grace of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. To him be the glory.

Posts 3001
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 9:13 PM

Ron Baughman:

I give up on Logos/Faithlife on this topic.  I just bought a copy of Mere Christianity in an ebook format from Barnes and Noble.  Now that I have an iPad Pro I can put logos and their nook app on the screen side by side.  Or on the PC for that matter. I stand by earlier comments.  I think this is the most irritating thing about Logos.  Especially since they send me the occasional email promoting sale of the set....  The B&N version was only about $8.  And yes, I’ll be buying more from them and less from logos.

Did you read what I said about publishers and other outlets contracts that truly might not allow Faithlife to sell them individually?

I have had many conversations with the top staff at Faithlife and I assure you they are men and women of integrity and truly serving in ministry through their business. If they could do it, they would.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS