Logo 7 crashes with "Read Aloud" function

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
MC Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 11 2016 9:57 PM

I recently upgraded to Logos Now and have been experiencing crashes everytime I attempt to use "read aloud" function on LEB using Marv Allen's voice. I have followed the steps below to delete the license.dat file, but still crashing regardless.

1 deleting the license file

2 starting up LOGOS again

3 type in the command "update resources" 

4 download and install really found resources

5 starting up LOGOS again

6 open up the LEB bible and select the Marv Allen narrator voice

If I use system narrator, I don't get a crash. It seems to be only with Marv Allen's voice. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Below is a copy of the Event Viewer details. Greatly appreciate a tip as to how to solve this if someone has had similar experience and found a fix to it. Thank you kindly.

Application: Logos.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.NativeMethods.VideoPlayer_LoadVideo(Libronix.DigitalLibrary.SafeVideoPlayerHandle, Libronix.DigitalLibrary.SafeManagedStreamHandle, System.String)
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.VideoPlayer.LoadVideo(System.IO.Stream, Libronix.DigitalLibrary.StreamingMediaFormat)
   at LDLS4.Pods.AudioPlayerPod.AudioPlayerModel+<LoadAudioFromResourceWork>d__66.MoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].EnumMoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].ContinueExecution(System.Object)
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.GroupedThreadPool.ExecuteNextCallback(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2016 10:17 PM

Welcome Big Smile

What version of Logos 7 and Windows ?

Where in LEB ? Bible book chapter and verse

Apologies since LEB played Marv Allen OK in Matthew 5 and Philippians 4 using Logos 7.2 Beta 1 on Windows 10.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4
MC Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 10:43 PM

Thank you kindly for your quick reply, your help and the welcoming!

I am using Logos Bible Software 7.1 (7.1.0.0025) and Windows 10 x64 (Build 10586).

So far, every book I try with read aloud in LEB crashes it (Luke 1, Matthew 1, John 1-3, Acts 1, Revelation 1). I've also tried Matthew 5 and Philippians 4. To no avail unfortunately.

Any ideas why this might be? And could I upgrade to 7.2 Beta 1 version?

Thank you very much for your kind help!

God bless!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 5:41 AM

Mao Cheng Lee:
I am using Logos Bible Software 7.1 (7.1.0.0025) and Windows 10 x64 (Build 10586).

Personally have Windows 10 x 64 Version 10.0.14393

Also have LEB resource that was updated on 8 Aug; clicked (i) then scrolled down to support info:

Mao Cheng Lee:
Any ideas why this might be?

Logos Support has Windows Crash => https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/crash with some items to check followed by link to Report a problem => https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem with steps to enable diagnostic logging. Zip file with "Read Aloud" crash could be attached to this thread (reply) using Paper Clip in Forum Editor.

If crash items do not resolve crash, Logos diagnostic log files should be helpful for context of crash (some crashes only have entry in Windows Event Viewer).

Mao Cheng Lee:
And could I upgrade to 7.2 Beta 1 version?

Logos Desktop Beta thread => *IMPORTANT* Beta Testing Information/Warnings along with command for upgrade. Logos wiki has => Logos 7 Beta Program

Since 7.1.0.0025 is the current stable release, you can contact Faithlife Technical Support => https://www.logos.com/contact

If upgrade to Beta, then will need to use Logos Desktop Beta forum.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 10:37 AM

Mao Cheng Lee:

Does "Read Aloud" crash repeat with 7.1 SR-1 (7.1.0.0039) ?

Logos wiki => Logos 7.1 SR-1

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 11:10 AM

Mao Cheng Lee:

I recently upgraded to Logos Now and have been experiencing crashes everytime I attempt to use "read aloud" function on LEB using Marv Allen's voice. I have followed the steps below to delete the license.dat file, but still crashing regardless.

1 deleting the license file

2 starting up LOGOS again

3 type in the command "update resources" 

4 download and install really found resources

5 starting up LOGOS again

6 open up the LEB bible and select the Marv Allen narrator voice

If I use system narrator, I don't get a crash. It seems to be only with Marv Allen's voice. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Below is a copy of the Event Viewer details. Greatly appreciate a tip as to how to solve this if someone has had similar experience and found a fix to it. Thank you kindly.

Application: Logos.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.NativeMethods.VideoPlayer_LoadVideo(Libronix.DigitalLibrary.SafeVideoPlayerHandle, Libronix.DigitalLibrary.SafeManagedStreamHandle, System.String)
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.VideoPlayer.LoadVideo(System.IO.Stream, Libronix.DigitalLibrary.StreamingMediaFormat)
   at LDLS4.Pods.AudioPlayerPod.AudioPlayerModel+<LoadAudioFromResourceWork>d__66.MoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].EnumMoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].ContinueExecution(System.Object)
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.GroupedThreadPool.ExecuteNextCallback(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Mao Cheng Lee,

I'm unable to reproduce this crash. The best solution is to stay on the stable version of Logos and contact Customer Support. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS