References in Sermon Editor

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Michael Cloete | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:26 AM

When I used MS word for preparing sermons and I quoted other sources, I used to like to ensure that the reference was always kept in a footnote. This was easy when exporting from Logos, as it put the footnote automatically. When I was quoting a non-Logos reference, I would simply insert a footnote, and type in the details myself.

With the sermon editor, I don't have an easy way to ensure all my references are kept, because there's no way of putting a footnote in. Quotes directly from Logos are easy enough, but quoting other non-logos works are not that easy. What I'm currently doing is putting a "Bibliography" at the end of my sermon, and then simply linking the quote with the bibliography by assigning a relevant number. This can work, but if I jump around in putting quotes in my sermon text, then they are no longer sequential, unless I go through and renumber them all.

Are there any other suggestions on how to easily keep your references ordered properly?

Posts 514
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2016 8:19 AM

Hi Michael,

I've noted somewhere else a workaround for this. It is not elegant, but works. It is to create a heading section at the end of your document, and put the reference information there. Use a square bracket numbering system e.g. [1] at both the 'endnote' and the quotation locations. It's not ideal, though, since you cannot see the author name(s) or title etc. while preaching since the details are at the end of the sermon document. But at least it records the information in the document. Hopefully a better citation feature will be available soon.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS