Bug? No information lookup when information tab is not active

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 3256
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 17 2016 5:04 AM

I previously posted this as a suggestion, but wonder if it is a bug.

Clicking on a word to see information about that word only works when the information tab is active (you can see its results).

If the information pane is not visible because another tab is active, then the program apparently ignores the click, and retrieves no new information. If you switch to the information tab after clicking, old information from an previous click is still there, showing that the recent click for information had no effect.

To fetch information, you must first switch to the information tab so its (previous) results are visible, then re-click a word to see new results.

I'd expect this "Update on click" behavior to work the same as clicking on a link. I.e., the program would open (or switch) to that resource (if it is already open), then display the results.

Since we don't have to open a resource first before following a link to it, it is odd that you have to bring the information tab to the foreground before being able to click to see information results.

Here is a screenshot showing when clicking for information will have no effect (since another tab is open and the information results are not visible).

Posts 25050
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 1:04 PM

PetahChristian:
Clicking on a word to see information about that word only works when the information tab is active

By default, Information opens in a small tile to the right of your other tile(s).

I've always had it active when requesting Information from ESV (via Click) and similar features require an active tab e.g. Corresponding Selection.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS