BUG-ish: Joel 2:20 plus scroll bar

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 17 2016 8:35 AM

I still don't quite understand how versification is impacting the Text Comparison tool.  Before, I noticed it trying to use the hebrew versification for english Bibles.

Today, with a collection of english Bibles, I tried Joel 2:20.  No can do. It shows 2:20 in the drop down.  Even selecting it doesn't work.  Of course, paging from 2:19 to 2:20 works ... the panel knows about the verse; the text-input doesn't. I assume due to Joel's curious versification. But a collection of everyday Bibles (eg AMP, ESV, etc) shouldn't be a trial.

Separately, what happened to a hint of grey to display the scroll-bar when mousing it? Is no scrollbar the new UI?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2615
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 9:03 AM

Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing. Note that the versification and navigation is going to be based on the first resource in your list.

I'm not sure I understand your comment about the scrollbar. Are you not seeing a scrollbar? Perhaps the screenshot will help clarify this too.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:48 AM

Ok, Andrew, I took a literal screenshot, as the eye would see it.  Don't ask me why it's sideways ... pic is portrait.

1. I've typed in Joel 2:20 ... the displayed text doesn't budge.

2. Top Bible is AMP ... due to first letter.

3. Mouse is over-top scrollbar ... no scrollbar.  Other system panels display scrollbars with mouseover. FWIW,  Text Comparison panel appears to be earliest coded ... still has flash-black when a refresh in slow-motion.

4. Just whining, the TextCompare is now a pain in vertical mode ... you have to chew up 1/3 of the window to see the textbox input (thanks to new interlinear switch).  Why you didn't put it on the 2nd row, I'll never know.

Posts 2615
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 11:50 AM

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like there is a bug with navigating by entering a reference in the box. We'll take a look.

We are aware that the current scrollbar styling lacks a gray background. I don't have an estimate for when this will be fixed.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 3:48 PM

Thank you, Andrew.

Posts 2615
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 4:08 PM

This navigating problem seems to only happen if you try to enter the same reference in the box twice in a row. To work around the problem for now you can enter a different reference, and then enter the one you actually want to navigate to.

This will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS