Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 18 2016 6:49 PM

An ESV update has been shipped that fixes the problems with Corresponding Words and other issues users have experienced. If you have automatic downloads turned on it should begin downloading when the app is launched. If not, type in Update Resources in the Command Box.

Posts 5995
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 2:36 AM

I still wasn't quite expecting this...

Is it still a little out of kilter?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 26051
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 4:17 AM

Mike Binks:

What specifically are you concerned about here?

Posts 2248
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 5:39 AM

Graham Criddle:

Mike Binks:

What specifically are you concerned about here?

Graham,

I think he is referring the highlights in the ESV in his screen shot.

Posts 30826
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 5:45 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

No. Examine the Versification. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 6:12 AM

alabama24:

Kenneth Neighoff:

No. Examine the Versification. 

In the screenshot, the NLT is "off" in its versification; ESV and NIV are consistent. The highlighted phrase is in v8 in ESV and NIV and in v7 in NLT.

Posts 26051
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 6:33 AM

Virgil Buttram:
In the screenshot, the NLT is "off" in its versification; ESV and NIV are consistent. The highlighted phrase is in v8 in ESV and NIV and in v7 in NLT.

Looking at bible gateway for comparison these differences in versification are correct.

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 6:50 AM

Graham Criddle:

Virgil Buttram:

Looking at bible gateway for comparison these differences in versification are correct.

I had no knowledge of the usual versification of the NLT, thus my use of scare quotes. Thanks for checking and confirming!

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 11:04 AM

Mike Binks:

Is it still a little out of kilter?

Mike,

I'm unable to reproduce this, do you have the updated ESV? Has it finished indexing? If so please reindex the ESV and see if you still have this issue.

Posts 5995
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 12:06 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
I'm unable to reproduce this, do you have the updated ESV? Has it finished indexing? If so please reindex the ESV and see if you still have this issue.

I have reindexed Philana - and have the same results. However I am minded to agree with my friends comments above and put this down to eccentric versification.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 36312
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 1:04 PM

Mike Binks:
I have reindexed Philana

Wow ... does she answer your questions more quickly now? And you did it from what distance? Surprise

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2016 2:58 PM

Mike Binks:

Philana R. Crouch:

I have reindexed Philana - and have the same results. However I am minded to agree with my friends comments above and put this down to eccentric versification.

Mike,

I agree that this is the issue, my previous response was based upon your screenshot showing the blue highlighting for Corresponding Words which looked like they were highlighting different words. The issue with highlighting and notes is because of differences in versification.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS